View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
crazywolf
crazywolf

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Boohoo niji,

I know someone also, who is part cherokee. I tried for a few years to get him to come to a pow wow. Its not something that he really wants to do. He acknowledges his heritage, but I guess he doesnt see any advantage in going that route, doesnt seem to fit into his lifestyle. His decision has nothing to do with his relationship with either of his parents or anything like that, was his choice.

The point is, what we do, the way and how does not work for everyone. I met a couple of Anishinaabeks over the weekend, they are vendors, and neither one of them dance nor do pow wow songs. But they are pretty high in traditions. On the flip side I know people that only know the pow wow life, only dance in competitions and do nothing with tradition.

Then there are people that want nothing to do with any part of it. I use the word people because it applies to everyone, every race creed and color.

you want to help your friend? Pray for him.

Derek
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook