View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #40
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
CHEROS,

I had a chance to speak with some of the Headsmen of the Kiowa Gourd Clan.

They indicated that their organization did not give this dance to anyone except the Otoe-Missouria tribes.

To the best of my knowledge the Cherokee (of Oklahoma) were encouraged to powwow and gourd dance by the late Kenneth Anquoe. Kenneth was a member of the Kiowa Gourd Clan but to the best of my understanding .... he acted independently.
What about the Osage?
I thought they were the only ones as the story goes to have been given this dance
I know the story about the Cherokee Gourd Clan and had heard that it was up for debate

And the thing is this is the first time I have ever heard that the Otoe-Missouria were given this dance