View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #8
sookout sh'nob
Boogie Monster

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
One direction of new category, which may come up in the future, is regressing to a retro look. There are three dancers that I already know of that can do early southern style dancing and have the outfits to match. They are:

Kevin Connywerdy
Mike Pahsetopah and
Morgan Tosee
I'd be real interested to see some video of these guys. I'll be searching the interweb today, but if anybody has links or knows of any videos I could buy - then that info would be much appreciated. I'm a Northern Ojibwe kinda guy, but I LOVE the contemporary southern fancy songs I've heard (mostly Sizzortail, Youngbird). Something about them just feels right to me. We don't see much of this in Minneapolis, nevermind NW Ontario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
Also one champion southern dancer, George Alexander, is starting to use his interpretation of the old feathered headdresses with his contemporary fancy dance outfit.

Garland Kent Jr. has also said expressed that he would like to come back in his dad's outfit which includes the feathered headdress.
Would this be the feather "roach" headdress or something different? I have one of these on the workbench as we type. I should take some pictures someday and put em in the gallery, ina.

You know what else comes to mind, I know a lot of fancy dancers from the 70s and couple of them talk about bustle sets made out of deer tail hair dyed and tied to wires and whatnot. Anyhow, I made some and they look really good - but they don't really move, kinda stiff... like a shield. It may just be a BSA thing; I think remember something like this from my scouting days, have you ever heard of this, WhoMe?

I'd be curious to know.
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook