View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #19
badmaninc
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
One question I would have is what made this person not care about his history. I have a first cousin who is 1/2 Coast Salish and 1/4 Cree but up until the late 80's the government considered him non-status due to his dad being Metis. Our own people treated him and his siblings terribly because they were fair-skinned. If nobody wants them then why should they want to be ndn. I have apologized to my cousin because I used to tease him about not being able to get tanned like us. I also used to say snotty things like they were only half okay. It must do some pretty emotionally terrible things to people who already feel like they don't belong because of their skin color. They don't know that we as a group are simply doing the Lateral violence thing of crabs in the bucket. Every time somebody tries to do something to improve their lives we haul them back to the bottom to be with the rest of us. Its quite pathetic really. Don't be too hard on your friend, he probably has a lifetime of confusion he has to overcome.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook