Thread: Recent history
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #16
sookout sh'nob
Boogie Monster

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
sookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond reputesookout sh'nob has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
sookout,

Thank you for sharing. Your information is important to the theme of this thread about the recent history of the Grass Dance.

I have also heard stories from the plains Cree and Anishinbe who live near the great lakes of having the grass dance early in their history.

Can anyone from these tribes confirm this?
I'm not 100% for sure, but I would put money down that our old traditional form could be derived from an original style - and that the original style could have been very much like the grass dance elsewhere; where the grass dance is often credited as being the original dance that the traditional style comes from.

So maybe our traditional style is/was grass, like on the plains. I'm not sure, but it would fit.

Last edited by sookout sh'nob; 02-09-2007 at 03:31 PM..
sookout sh'nob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook