View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
wyo_rose
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I made these with Splenda and Almond Meal in place of the flour and they were SO GOOD!

Here' my variation - not much different.

Cream 2 tablespoons of butter with 4 oz of cream cheese ( or neufschatel cheese) until completely blended. Gradually add 6 packets Splenda - beating the mixture until light and fluffy. Blend in 1 egg, 1 tablespoon almond flour and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.

Chocolate Batter

On low heat and stirring constantly - melt 3 tablespoons of butter and 2 squares of Baker's sweet chocolate (I actually had some of this so I used it. Next time I'll use my 85% Lindt dark chocolate). Set aside to cool.

Beat 2 eggs until thick and fluffy. Add 18 Packets Splenda and beat the eggs and sweetener together until thickened. Measure 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 c. almond flour on top of the egg-sugar mixture and pour in the cooled chocolate. (I put in 1/4 cup cocoa powder just cuz I like it)

Oil a 9" pan. Put 2/3rds of the chocolate batter in the bottom. Spread the cream cheese batter on top of the chocolate layer. Drop the last 1/3rd of the choclate batter by spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese layer. Swirl the chocolate and cream cheese together with the back of a spoon.

Bake at 350 deg F for 35 -40 minutes. Cool and put on some frosting if you like.

I only had a 9x13 pan, so they only took 20 minutes to bake!
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook