View Single Post
Old 01-27-2001, 04:58 AM   #3
powwowbum49
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
CrazyInDn

What you are going through happens to a lot of singer. From my experience it is nerves, but that isn't always the case. Every singer has drown a blank at one time or another. I have never found that 'seating' plays any role in remembering a song. I know 'mocs' doesn't mean his statement about not being ready in a bad way, but I must state that I disagree with him. It is a mental thing that every singer has to overcome. You will get it in time but in the mean time repetition of the songs is the best way to learn them.

One thing you might try is to pair songs up. How this works is putting two songs on a tape and repeat them over and over on that tape. Listen to that tape over and over until those songs are second nature. Then try another pair of songs. What this will accomplish is when you or someone else sing one of those songs you will remember the other. It also allows you to have more than one song ready at a time.

Good luck and keep on shakin'
powwowbum49 is offline   Share with Facebook