Thread: Drum Teachings
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
hobbs49
Holy Indian Taco Batman!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
hobbs49 has a reputation beyond repute
hobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond reputehobbs49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
I was telling him that I was taught not to come to the drum if you have bad feelings or don't like someone who is sitting at the drum. Because if you do, this negative energy will affect all the singers.
The guys that I spend most of my time singing with talk about this alot. We talk about proper dress and behavior both at the drum and away. Sometimes what you do before you come to the drum is equally bad as something that you may do at the drum simply because it carries over. Of course not being native myself, it's often doubly important that I follow the "rules" to the best of my ability to not make my native friends look bad. Of course, in reality, many of the drum rules are really just good rules to live by anyway.

WhoMe, I feel compelled to ask, what happens if you get the drum first? If the person that you have a problem with were to come join, such as at a center drum, do you leave? How does that jive with once the butts in the seat, the butt stays in the seat?
hobbs49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook