Thread: Drum Teachings
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbear View Post
hobbs, i was taught to ask to be excused by the head singer, and have done so a few times, you can definitely tell a difference in energy of the people and the songs when you have that kind of negativity at the drum
danb,

You gave "sound advice" to hobbs question. Good job!

I was head singer at a benefit dance at the Otoe-Missouria complex a while back. I had forgotten that I had asked two singers that do not get along, to come help me.

One of the singers physically threatened the other at the drum. I had to intervine and ask him to leave and cool off. I felt as the head singer, it was my resposibility to diffuse the tense situation.

I can say, it really affected the harmony and concentration for the rest of the dance.

I have heard there have been fist fights at other drums in the past. I wanted to make sure it didn't happen in my situation.

Last edited by WhoMe; 02-21-2007 at 01:29 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook