Thread: Drum Teachings
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
suthernwaterbird
nobody

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbear View Post
well you know who i've sat with so you know my situation, and being on of the more experienced singers with that drum i feel like its my responsibility to the younger singers to teach them right, and teach respect for others at the drum and more importantly the drum itself, there's no place for negative energy at a drum, like i said you been 'round and i think you've seen me do it too......i'm a firm beliver in energy that comes from each and every individual, even the ones that sit behind the drum.....suthern knows who i'm talkin bout
See when it comes to people like that...the ones in charge..no matter HOW much they deny it, they're really in it for the money. That's why they incorporate so many "rules" into somthing that is sooo simple. Singing is a simple deed. So much good is meant to come out of it, and when people do introduce this negativity, it defeats the purpose..And yes the women that sit behind the singers and gossip play a big part in the feeling around the drum, the feeling them dancers get from the singing...But for the guys you are talking about, their ignorance will limit them from their potential. Their "leader" will only stir them in the wrong direction. They don't know how to take care of the things they need to take care of, especially when it comes to that drum. I tried to teach them a few things that I seen but they didn't wanna listen.. Hopfully they'll learn one day, and not the hard way..