View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:55 AM   #61
anishinabealltheway
Grass Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
anishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond repute
anishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond reputeanishinabealltheway has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeproud View Post
i have just read the article, and i agree with it...forthe most part. i donot beleive it is powwows that are supporting the illegal killing/selling of eagles, it is the individual natives who choose to break the law and take the chance of getting caught and destroying the eagle population. i know the waiting lists are long, but my grandfather has always told me "Son, if you dont want it bad enough to wait for it, you dont want it bad enough." this is what i live by, and these impatient people need to as well.
Unfortunately, the eagle population isn't the only thing these poachers are destroying. The reputation of our people as protectors of the land is also sullied by this.

Your grandfather sounds like a smart guy.