Thread: Drum Teachings
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #10
RedShield
Singer/ Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
So here is a question... to paint or not to paint...

I know a lot of Northern Drums that paint designs and the name of their drum group on the head of their drum... I know a lot of my Ojibway friends that would tell you only the thunderbirds should be painted and only in a certain way... are there any taboos against painting the heads of a southern drum... nothing fancy... just the name of the group... I am just curious... is it allowed or is it not allowed? What have you been told regarding this?