View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 03:48 AM   #33
Blackbear
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
The brown paper I glue the beadwork to for stiffness...usually 3 layers of it.

I never bead directly to the leather for this kind of coverage!! This is why it is called APPLIQUE. Applique means to add on top or something to that effect. In the beginning of the thread I said I was using a vaccuum filter..but this is only for projects smaller than 6 inches in size. For larger it just kinda depends on what is handy. the largest piece i have done I beaded it on a piece of felt with an iron on stabelizer on the back..but I also needed it to be flexible. You can do the big pieces the same as you would do the small..just keep your stitches no more than four beads at a time on any size. And I would use a bigger hoop... aslo brown paper by itself is good to bead on..but make it at least 2 to 3 layers thick so that your stitches don't pull through... but then it is suseptable to water and breakdown....