Thread: Rossettes
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2000, 12:04 AM   #15
BeadedPony
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Okay, here's my .02 worth on the topic. There are two styles of rosettes -- the circular patterned ones where you begin in the middle and work around and around toward the outer edge. These are best worked on a piece of light-weight cardboard -- I use file folder covers (the older folks used to like to use cigarette cartons) -- but I also have a layer of light canvas/muslin/etc. underneath to hold it all together. Once the rosette is finished, it's then backed with buckskin and edge beaded.

The other kind of rosette is the appliqued (yes, I know the rounds ones are appliqued too) with the beads going in various directions of the pattern. I still use the cardboard and fabric backing, but these I put on a hoop because the various directions of the bead placement doesn't keep the tension even. Either way, it is the piece of cardboard directly under the beads that makes for a great, flat rosette.

There's one rosette maker on this board whose work is fantastic. If you folks want to talk about rosettes, ask Little One.
BeadedPony is offline   Share with Facebook