View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #67
whitewave
Student, always learning

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by trob226 View Post
Disclosure. If somebody just said Cherokee and left out the fact that they were 1/8 or 1/4 only, and you later found that out, wouldn't you feel misled? Besides, it can be complicated being mixed blood - always having to explain to the Indians about the non-Indian ways you have and explaining to the non-Indians about the Indian ways you have and all of them looking at you like you're touched in the head. You just get into the habit of describing your lineage up front to save yourself the aggravation later.

Yea, really its kinda' complicated. I AM Cherokee, I AM Sioux, I AM Irish and I AM Scottish. I was not raised in any of the traditions of any of these cultures really. I was not taught about any of my family history, traditions, nothing. I learned on my own. I feel a special connection and draw to my Native roots and I can't really say why....so I will admit that I have focused on learning more about the Native history of my ancestry and traditions than Irish or Scottish, but I have looked into all of it. Its really hard because I have quite a bit less Cherokee and Sioux than I do Irish, but I can't explain this magnetic pull back to the red road inside me. I have always been a very free thinker, and the core of my belief system, spirituality, mindset, etc. Is in harmony and agreement with the core of the teachings, beliefs, mindset etc. of my Cherokee ancestors. I feel like my heart has always beat to the drum of my Native ancestors and my spirit longs for the red road. However if you look at me all you will say is "white girl" at first glance. If you look into my soul you will see I am far from just that. My bloodlines are complicated and so am I. The technicalities are something I have a hard time with. I understand that that is the way it is though.

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave
whitewave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook