View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #71
StereoTypicalHarley
catfish: food of the gods

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
StereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsiyaGeyaWillis View Post
There are 30,000+ Eagles in Alaska. On my grandmother's 300+acres there are 20 nests. We watch them repair their nests, we watch them with their babies, we watch them when they start to teach them how to fly & hunt. There are all kinds of feathers below their nests. Is it wrong for my grandmother or I to use one feather, for our prayers & healing? We don't think so...We don't harm a bird or anything else for that matter, we offer prayers, and thanks, to honor that animal, and thank Creator for giving us these wonderful animals, as well as the plants, the trees, the NvWati(medicine) they all offer us. It is our way of communicating with Creator and Etsi Elohino(Mother Earth)....We give thanks to Etsi Elohino for all that she provides us...We are the only ones that have to prove who we are, by showing our cards, this is how the Yonegas(whitemen) have control over us and to count how many of us there are, we aren't free with these cards, were just a number to the Yonegas, which is very sad.....When they thought they had destroyed us, we were only made stronger when we inter-bred with others, now we are Native Strong in our numbers once again.....
Remember, the blankets of long ago, infected with small pox & other things, well those FEMA trailers they have killed lots of people for the one main ingredient that they put into making these trailers, then they give them to our people and it starts all over again.....

I do not believe there is anything wrong with accepting these gifts. What few feathers you "collect", are meant for you. Each feather has a purpose, which is only known to you. I do believe it is wrong to buy feathers for prayer (except from repositories). I know not all dancers have access to hunting, but I believe it is wrong to just walk into a store and buy them. but this is just me. It is wrong how commercialized the yonega have made our people. Every little conveniance store and truckstop figurine, dreamcatcher, and costume headdress should be burned and banned. They are trying to make money off of our people's image, and steriotypes against our people. It is wrong for ANYBODY to do this. But you are doing right, if you feel creator and those eagles want you to have certain feathers, than they are yours.

-Joshua