View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #72
StereoTypicalHarley
catfish: food of the gods

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
StereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond reputeStereoTypicalHarley has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewave View Post
Yea, really its kinda' complicated. I AM Cherokee, I AM Sioux, I AM Irish and I AM Scottish. I was not raised in any of the traditions of any of these cultures really. I was not taught about any of my family history, traditions, nothing. I learned on my own. I feel a special connection and draw to my Native roots and I can't really say why....so I will admit that I have focused on learning more about the Native history of my ancestry and traditions than Irish or Scottish, but I have looked into all of it. Its really hard because I have quite a bit less Cherokee and Sioux than I do Irish, but I can't explain this magnetic pull back to the red road inside me. I have always been a very free thinker, and the core of my belief system, spirituality, mindset, etc. Is in harmony and agreement with the core of the teachings, beliefs, mindset etc. of my Cherokee ancestors. I feel like my heart has always beat to the drum of my Native ancestors and my spirit longs for the red road. However if you look at me all you will say is "white girl" at first glance. If you look into my soul you will see I am far from just that. My bloodlines are complicated and so am I. The technicalities are something I have a hard time with. I understand that that is the way it is though.
Just read my signature. It speaks volume, and has helped my through alot.