Thread: Arlee?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #34
TKMJ Productions
Powwow Sound 4 U

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Arlee is always

What you make of it. Every year the entire powwow is a cluster pluck. Every year it's the same. You have over 2000 dancers and about 30 drums. People come in and people leave the powwow. It's no different then anywhere else except it's home for me and I wasn't there this year. The powwow is so big that control is always somewhat lost. Everyone has a job and is always over worked. People who come always have some sort of a gripe and the powwow comitte tries to resolve every problem with what streached man power they have. You can't please everyone so get over it. It's no different then any other powwow.

When you go to Arlee, you will get your basic need if you stay the entire powwow. There are free hot showers, free electricity in many camp sites, and there is always food to eat somewhere on the grounds. All you really need is a tent and a desire to be there. Every other basic need is somewhat taken care of for you. People come in by car, RV, truck, and yes some even walk to get there. If it was such a bad powwow, why do people travel thousands of miles just to get there for a day or two. The powwow cater to people from full bloods down to the wanabi. Everyone is welcome and is treated the same. If you came to dance, you dance. If you came to drum, you drum, If you came for stick game, you play. No one is ever turned away unless you do something stupid like come in the gate drunk.

Everytime I go to Arlee, I get invited to so many camp sites to have a meal every day. Most of the people who invite me in, have never met me before. They see me walk by and ask me in. The entire powwow changes day to day. It's been that way forever and a week longer. So if you have any complaint about Arlee, chances are that you are the problem not making yourself at home on the grounds.

The Arlee powwow is a yearly gathering point for many families who only see each other once a year. Each year there is at least one death and one birth connected with the powwow. It's real life and no one can stop real life.

If Arlee is so bad, Why do people come every year? Arlee is the only powwow I know of where you can come in broke and hungry, and leave with money in your pocket and a full belly.

Enough Said!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook