View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
John Cornsilk
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
John Cornsilk is just really nice
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Posts: 34
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
My CDIB says 1/2 Cherokee issued by Tahlequah Agency

When I was researching the UKB website I noticed that they have this requirement:
1. Letter of Relinquishment from any other Indian nation, tribe or band of which you have been a member or a notarized Affadavit of Non-Membership (provided by the Enrollment Office); and

2. A certified copy of your 8.5 x 11" Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood showing at least 1/4 degree Keetoowah Cherokee blood.

I tried to find out more information about the 1949 roll but to no avail
I did notice that both my Grandparents are on it but none of there children
Grandma was not old enough to have a roll number she was born in 1907 and her Parents enrolled in 1904. Grandpa has a roll number.
But again I was trying to research farther back I can find my GreatGrandfather on the Miller Guinon Roll.

The more I read about all this the more I realize how History was distorted greatly and even more than I realized.
Sounds like yoiu may need some professional geneaology help!

What does your blue CNO card say? if it says 1/2 as well then you would have no problem getting it done, and the CNO registeration office is where you get the required documentation for the UKB, if you wanted to enroll there, takes about a month, then you can go back an re-enroll with CNO.

But I guess if you don't live in the nation neither one means much, except with CNO you can vote, with the UKB you can-not vote unless you live here.
John Cornsilk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook