View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #12
wa-zha-zhe
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS View Post
I've been pondering over this thought for some time and have been wondering when is it the "right time" to sing that new straight dance or womens traditional you've composed? People always say "give 'em something they know so they can dance well".

What are your thoughts on this?

Lss
The "right time" to me is whenever it feels right. As far as singing a new song goes, I think it is easier to sing a new song high.
A few years ago, a new song was composed for a veteran's dance. The man that made the new song put it on tape for different ones to learn. And, when it came time to sing the new song, the way that it came out was not exactly the way it was composed or put on tape.
The composer said, that he liked the way that it came out and that he was going to keep it like that.

And as far as dancing to a new song goes, I would again, have to say, whenever it feels right.
To me dancing a new song brings out more natural moves.
Here in Oklahoma you have to be ready for anything at anytime.
And that is something we all know, here in Oklahoma.

I hope this helps you out Jason.