View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #13
Zeke
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffan Redhawk View Post
As a singer, I'll sing anything, sometimes it takes me a little while to pick some songs up, but most the time, I can catch on... The same goes with dancing.. However, there is a huge difference:

As a dancer, hearing a song I've never heard before, I can't 'Jam' to it, because I do not know it.

I'm not alone... I was competing in Loudon a few years ago, (there was only about 8 of us) and the drum came out with this sneak up, that none of us had ever heard.

This was not the appropriate time. After the song, we all asked the judges for a short break, and 2 more songs, which was granted.

First was a straight song by the co-host, went great, good song..

Second was a crow hop, by the host drum... again, a song we'd never heard before.

Luckily I was able to pick it up, one of the two that actually stopped.. (Yay for first)

However, the song sucked, and never should have been sang for that comp. I can't even recall the name of the drum, but I'm willing to bet Redshield can, his old drum was there!
Perhaps this is "typically Oklahoma," but I have always believed it is the responsibility of the dancer to adjust to the drum, not the other way around.

For whatever reason, if the dancers blow it, they blew it: let the chips fall.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook