View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #107
whitewave
Student, always learning

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
whitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond reputewhitewave has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Except the culture, which is the POINT.

Blood/DNA is already going the way of the dodo, because fractions never increase. Dividing by two offers a number smaller, or equal to, the largest one that you had: as a BEST case.

So here's the deal: if you hold on to blood, you're DONE. It's the only logical conclusion, unless your plan is to exist in forlorn pockets of isolationist existence with inter-bred families and kids featuring three heads. Even that, at best, gets you 100 years.

Or, you can accept that -- as a species -- humans are generally the same and it is what you act/perceive/do (culture!) that defines us. With that, you empower us to live, evolve, grow and continue as what we are.

Blood quantum is a bad, bad deal, man. Don't fall for it. Don't "take the cheese" and get caught in the trap.
Oh gawd here we go wit the dodo again....and the "cheese". I actually do agree with this part: "humans are generally the same and it is what you act/perceive/do (culture!) that defines us. With that, you empower us to live, evolve, grow and [i]continue as what we are"

But at the same time I'm kinda torn on the issue.....cause native people are so damn beautiful (male and female).....even though i'm an addition to the "problem" as well with my blue eyes and pale skin, I don't want everyone to end up looking the same. I like diversity.

Also, I think part of the issue with intermarrying IS culture though: if you marry someone with a completely different culture than your own, with different beliefs, it can make it difficult to understand each other and to agree on child raising. All this for the sake of argument I guess cause since I'm already of mixed decent its different, I can't really choose what I am. Although I have dated many races and love based on love, I will admit that I would prefer a native man....mostly culturally.....but can I help that I just happen to like darker skin and brown eyes? Just a preference.

Peace, Love, and many blessings,
White Wave