View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #112
WocusWoman
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgirl View Post
wocus, what do you think can/should be done about it? should there just be a generic "native" designation sted money going to each different tribe? and all people with say 1/4 or 1/8 native blood just split the govt money equally?

seems the govt can make anything complicated, even lurve. :p
Blood quantum should be kept at more than 1/4 or even 1/2. When you go less than that, you have people that can pass for white or other race. This is my opinion only, and not meant to offend anyone by any means. I'm half breed who married darker, so my kids are 3/4 native. That was my preference and choice. I followed the teachings of my grandmother when choosing the father of my children, a native man who works hard to provide, the fact that he has never touched drugs or alcohol in his life was and is a big time bonus. Maybe the bigger message still is to teach your children to choose wisely, because they should value themselves first!