View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #118
Skillet
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Skillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scaleSkillet is off the scale
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
The overwhelming drug/alcohol problems amongst Natives is due to the fact that many Natives abuse drugs and alcohol.

Step one in fixing ANY problem is admitting who causes it. Nobody puts a gun to these fools' head. They choose to use, every day. This is, simply, more "poor me," more "200 years ago," more inability to be accountable...

Nothing that happened 200 years ago causes any rationally intelligent person to abuse substances TODAY. To believe so makes us backwards social wards who still wail at the pleasing of the Great White Father or brands you as irrational.

In a previous post, WocusWoman beseeched Natives to teach their children to "choose wisely." I couldn't agree more. Step one? "Get past using 200 years ago as an excuse." Step two? "Get past quantum." Step three? "Move forward."

Failure to do so brings about downfall. ENJOY.
no one said anything(except for your qualifying and quantifying) about substance abuse being blamed on anything that happened 200 years ago...rather it was very clearly stated that substance abuse is directly related to todays assimilation into non-native society...i'll type s..l...o...w...l...y so zeke understands....if native society wasnt exposed to meth then there would be NO meth problem...etc etc
FYI zeke,alcoholism is a disease and Indian People have a gentic pre-disposition to alcoholism.

Last edited by Skillet; 08-08-2007 at 11:50 PM..