View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #355
OneidaDreamer
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question Squaw What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakopataki View Post
Well, I've been gone and beading till I'm blind. Thank you Suzze for your apology.
I don't know but maybe it has to be where I live right now, but the new thing going on with the White teenagers here is something that I hadn't heard of before. I saw a bumper sticker on a jeep that says, "Snow boarding Squaw" and had read it out loud to my self sitting next to my daughter.
She in turn says, "Oh yeah, the kids are into that in school". So I asked her what the Squaw useage was about and she said that the White kids, most of which she says are stoners, say that when they snow board that they are one with their ancestors of the mountains. So I asked, what ancestors and why squaw? She said that what they are referring to is, that although they have NO Native ancestory, they say that it's racist to other races not to be able to claim a heritage that's reserved for NDN's only! So they claim to be Native because they can feel it course through their bodies while high and snow boarding! Ya know, when they feeling one with the mountain!

Need I really say how I wish Whites knew that this is just absurd? But for those who don't know that.....IT'S ABSURD! Be proud of who you are!

They claim it's racist to other races not to be able to claim a heritage that's reserved for NDN's only? What kind of cocka-maimy navajo navaja-hambo garbage is that???

It just goes to show that they still want to steal what we have. Why just not claim some kind of Celtic or Germanic Ancestry? Their ancestors were tribal too. Like Doy! I'm offended at their use of that word.

I want whites to leave our customs alone and to be proud of where they came from and do their own damn research on their ancestry and be proud to be from their own continent and its rich ancient tribal cultures.

And or Just Be Proud Of Where and Who You Came From.

Our ways and customs are for us and not them. Granted you have some whites going to Sweats and what not, but who am I to talk smack about that...?

Peace and Love
OD