View Single Post
Old 12-28-2002, 02:37 AM   #11
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I will second the idea of picking up the various items that are dropped while dancing. Most usually an AD will go around and find things that have been dropped. I have picked up many things and gave them to the AD, the MC, or the person it belonged to if I knew the person. Jewelry and jingle are quite common things found. Occasionally I will even find some lost candy. If you have any questions about dropped items just ask the AD, since this is HIS arena during the Powwow.

Contest droppings are subject to the committee. Usually anything other than a fluff, streamer, ribbon, jingle, etc. is major enough to be disquallified. The only right thing to do would be to bow out, excuse yourself from the lineup. If the Committee wants you to stay the AD and MC will ask you to stay. Lately I have noticed that dancers are not being honorable when they over step or drop a major item. I don't appreciate this deviation from the honorable things to do.

Eagle feathers are the object of the "ceremonial scolding" if dropped. I know that the feathers that aren't Eagle should just be picked up and carry on quietly. I have heard of the
"ceremonial scolding" over non-Eagle feathers and I think this is not necessary.

When a person is honored with money during a dance the money should be picked up by a friend or relative, the AD will do it if no one else will. The individual will just stand there until this is done for them, with a great big A-HO and hand shake.

The most important thing to remember is to just have fun. You will be notified if you are doing something wrong. I have seen the Elder Ladies take people aside and EDUCATE them. IF you haven't been EDUCATED then don't worry and enjoy yourself. Believe me when your in Indian country and you do wrong you will know it.

Just stomp dance 'til sun up!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all good and have fun!!