View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 AM   #85
timmy tiger
Head Dancer

Items Cake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I talk to my Uncle and other family members several times a week and before I go to a pow wow and when I get back. And sometimes I will call him or he will call me when I'm there to see how things are going. He's a good man.

I am seeing things and I think that I have some things figured out, but not everything. What I'm seeing is fairly simple, but goes totally unnoticed. Indian people stick to gether fairly much, you do have your fights--but that happens in every family and way of life. It is even noticed when someone has a native background, yet, not necessarily enough quantium for enrollement, many people accept them for what they are and who they are. I've seen this many times, it's about honor and the way in which one carries themselves. Now, when an Indian person marries a non-native (someone who totally admits that they have no native blood at all) this spouse is totally accepted as a part of the Tribe or family unquestionably (in the cases that I have seen). What I am seeing in many many cases is that these spouses are so excited and honored to be accepted as a part of the Indian community that when they are out in public they will talk to anyone about anything and they (sometimes) get a little carried away and talk about things that (maybe) they shouldn't such as: Ceramonies that they've been to or other things that they have had shared with them and things along these lines. I have seen this personally many many times and it's blown me away. So then the person that the spouse had talked to takes this little info and adds to it, then you know what---they are out there running ceramonies and giving names of people that they have never spoken to. Then you have the "I read a book" syndrome or the "I got it off the internet". That drives me crazy. I had a man sit right in my living room telling me about women things and said that he knows that it's accuate because he got it off the internet. I went off on him and he's never been back. I go to my family if I have questions and ask them. If they don't know they send me to someone who will know.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook