View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #86
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
There are so many of these so called "Cherokee Tribes" popping up all over the place. We have some here and they, sometimes, approach me until they find out that I am connected to Cherokee, NC--then they go away. I have had some of the strangest conversations with some people and cut them real short. There is one group here that was set up at a pow wow a month ago where I was and they wouldn't come near me. One guy did and he kept asking alot of questions, that was fairly nice, because he seemed to really be interested in what was real, not the hype. But alot of them ask more about things like the color of the four directions, not about the history or any of the people. That confuses me, I don't know anything about the colors. But if you ask me about the people or how they live, I can tell you alot. I don't live in Cherokee, but I go there several times a year and stay with my Uncle right there on the Rez.

I know who my family is and was and some of the Elders are helping me find some more of them.

I had a woman once come up to me and start saying that she was a member of the Secret Cherokee's of (so and so) (I've heard of about 4-6 of these "secret Cherokee") and she was telling me that her 10 g-grandfather was the "Chief" of the Cherokee's of Oklahoma back in the 1400's. I about fell over and said very nicely "Excuse me? I'm not sure who you are talking about." She proceeded to tell me who it was and I flipped. I knew this name and I know many of his actual descendent's in Cherokee, NC personally. I nicely spoke with her and she quietly walked away. I went to Cherokee a month later and ran into the family and I was talking with them and telling them about the conversation, they laughed.
I lived for time in Georgia in 2005 and 2006 and attended a few powwows in the region up to North Carolina
I was approached by more chiefs of more Cherokee tribes that I thought possible! I would just tell them I am already enrolled and have been since birth along with my Father and Grandfather and Grandmother and Great Grandfathers and Great Grandmothers all the wayyyyyy back...
And yet these men were very firmly entrenched in what they felt was the truth, That there were such a history as they believed it.

I guess that is why the people that don't know any better fall for these people and give there money to them!
As far as I am concerned they are no better than con-men selling a so-called service that is nothing and will get you nothing.

And yet there they are going from powwow to powwow telling there lies and having the un-informed and ignorant believing them and handing them money for memberships and donations

Knowledge is Power