View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #88
timmy tiger
Head Dancer

Items Cake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I agree with both of you. Knowledge is power, very much so and have told my children that all their lives. And you don't share certain infomation with just everyone you meet. If they are to know what's what that will come from the right people, not me---I have too much more to learn. I am no teacher by any means.

Josiah, I don't know why they gave you such a hard time. Maybe, it's because they are so close to where all the Cherokee once lived that they think that they know more. Here we are a little farther away and maybe that's it. I really don't know. But, at the pow wow that I was at a month ago there were more then 3 Cherokee "Chief's" and I about fell over. I met one of them last year and said (very nicely) "Oh, you are in one of those groups?" I was nice about it, but very firm as to what and who they were. He didn't come back near me the rest of that pow wow.

My relatives tell me that if I know that something is incorrect, then to speak up about it. Otherwise, just let those idiots do what they want. That's their words to me.

So many people seem to be looking for "Free money"---there's no such thing. I took a woman in Cherokee to the Indian health services one day and what I found was disappointing. She got right into the doctor's office (surprise one), she was only there for 15 min. (surprise two), then it took us over an hour and a half to get all the meds that he had perscribed for her and we had to go to three different places and most of her meds were addicting. I am not judgeing anyone there, but the way that it was done just really blew my mind. But that's what happens when there is very little to help so many and most people don't see it this way. They just hear stories and say "Oh it's free!" Nothing is totally free without some kind of cost.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook