View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #100
timmy tiger
Head Dancer

Items Cake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Northofada--I think that they believe that it will make them more authentic. Kind of like being adopted. Some of these people really blow my mind with some of this stuff and at how far that they will take it. I was at a pow wow once and there was this "adoption" ceramony that went off. There was this big give away and all of that and the next thing that you know, these people who were "adopted" were going around tellig people that they are a member of this Tribe. I was sitting with a good friend of mine and we both about fell over. To us all that that did was make them a member of that persons "family", not the whole Tribe. I am accepted by many people of many different Tribes for who I am, I don't need to be "adopted" to make me look like something more then what I am. My family, ancestors and the creator (himself) know who I am and that's what matters. That person wanted to adopt me as well and I told them "no thank you." They were telling all kinds of people that what they were going to do was "adopt" them and then the next year they were going to take them back to their res. and get them all enrolled by the tribe. I knew that that was garbage, and it didn't happen. But for a while that person got everything that they wanted handed to them by others and didn't have to buy a thing for themselves.

This is just my opinion from what I've seen.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook