Thread: Societies
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #40
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat View Post
I remember as a kid the Omaha Tiah Piah society...in Macy, Nebraska......I heard it was one of the oldest that the Kiowa gave to them...but not sure on that...anybody know?
Funny you should say that about the Omahas and Tiah Piah
Now this is not proof of any sort so no one freak out!!!!!!
But I ran across this a while back and just filed it in my favorites
here we go: this is the main website page you will notice it is the OFFICIAL LIBRARY OF CONGRESS WEBSITE: Omaha Indian Music

here is some stuff:0379

Photo: 0192

Look at the Hat:LOC Photo Display

This was all taken from the Macy Powwow in 1983

An interesting side note
There are over 300 recordings from this powwow here are some wax cylinder recordings for example:
2031314b

I am kinda partial to the name of one of the singers in this song by the way

Last edited by Josiah; 08-27-2007 at 10:10 PM..
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook