Old 08-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #48
2kiowa4u
Sings 4 Him

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
2kiowa4u is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Societies?

from what's been told to me and many other Kiowa's, our dance has a very serious meaning to our lives as Kiowa. Other tribes again claim sort of origination which is a misnomer and only the Kiowas are the sole owners of this dance and song. i'm not going into detail why, but like i've stated in other post on this website, THIS IS A KIOWA DANCE! HAS BEEN SINCE THE CREATION OF TIME OF OUR PEOPLE WHEN THEY DWELLED IN THE CANANDIAN ROCKIES AND NORTHERN TERRITORY OF MONTANA. IT WASN'T GIVEN TO ANY OTHER TRIBE BUT THE KIOWAS, IN THE LATTER YEARS THROUGH PEACE WITH OTHER TRIBES THIS DANCE WAS GIVEN TO SHOW THEIR BROTHERHOOD AND ALLIANCE AND THIS IS WHERE ALOT OF YOU PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND AND TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT THAT OTHER TRIBES HAD THIS DANCE. WHEN THE KIOWA'S BACK THEN MEANT FOR THIS DANCE TO BE TAKEN CARE OF PROPERLY AND ORDERLY MANNER BUT THEN THE YOUNGER GENERATION EITHER LOST INTEREST OR DIDN'T FOLLOW PROTOCOL AND MADE UP THINGS AS THEY WENT ON WITH THIS DANCE. THEREFORE, YOU GET THINGS MESSED UP AND MISINTERPRETED AND SOCIETIES OF MEN TRY TO CLAIM SANCTION BY THESE KIOWA'S GOURD DANCE GROUPS SOLELY BECAUSE OF MEMBERSHIP OR TO BE LOOKED UP TO OR THEY CLAIM OWNERSHIP TO THIS DANCE WHEN ORIGIN COMES FROM THE RED WOLF FAMILY AND DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE MEANING BEHIND THE HISTORY OF HOW RED WOLF WAS GIVEN THIS SONG FIRST AND THEN THE DANCE AND FEAST. I SAY THIS BECAUSE I'M FROM THE KINEP BAND AND THE REE BAND OF THE KIOWA. AH-HOOOOE!! SAUT-GYAH-DAH
2kiowa4u is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook