Thread: OthelloBloke
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
Blackbear
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I have mixed feelings about you. I see your points and I don't see a lack of intelligence but maybe a lack of understanding. For all your familiarization with natives and living on a reservation you cannot understand how we can fight for countries so there is still quite a bit more you need to learn.

I know it's hard when you get stuck on an ideal to see past that ideal to understand why someone does what they do and natives are not the easiest to understand sometimes.. and I do acknowledge that you asked to be educated but then when you hear the answers your replies just come off as a plain old "you're wrong" to the people who respond.

You don't have to accept their reasons as your own but you must respect them for theirs as you want to be respected for yours. There is nothing wrong with wanting to heal 7 generations of hurt and displacement for the sake of the next 7 generations and as natives we are finally in a place both politically and socially to do these things, be heard and be who we are or who we were.

Take the land claims and the boarding school compensations for example. Even as long as 20 years ago we would have the military on us like masters correcting bad dogs but it's not that way now. There are still problems but they are getting better. The governments are making more of an effort to hear us on our terms and treat us as the nations we are. Wrongs done to us in the past are at least being apologized for and compensated even if we had to struggle to get them.. but it's happening.

But the US and CAN are the nations we've had to deal with.. and continue to deal with. We know their laws we know their ways and have an idea what we are in for with them... should we not be allies against outside forces who threaten to take away what relationship we have with them? What state would our peoples be in if another power took over and would they still recognize our nations as separate entities or simply claim us as conquered because the US was conquered?

Maybe the iraq war does'nt benefit us, maybe it does. But it's obvious that those that joined feel a need of their services and a need to protect their own for whatever reason and that should always be respected. Don't you think?

My problem with you is how angrily you respond and as a moderator I don't appreciate having to monitor threads for language as often as I have for the last two days. Mispelling the word does'nt make it any less the swear word than it is. There are guidelines here that you need to read and follow please.

And as a hormonal, possibly pregnant woman I would advise not to be tested please.