Thread: OthelloBloke
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #11
Singing Eagle
An URBAN NDN

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by othellobloke View Post
That's the part I don't understand - potential to forgive is a great thing once the other side has made amends. How can people forgive someone who's not sorry for what they did?

I could understand if natives benefited from the armed conflicts the U.S enters into but mostly they don't. When the U.S went into WW2, Somalia and Afghanistan, those were the business of EVERYONE regardless of their race or culture. How are natives benefiting from supporting the illegal occupation of Iraq? Still nobody has explained this to me.

The way I see it is even if the only thing you can give the bad guys is a guilty conscience, then even that's enough. But when people 'move on'... without the bad guys apologising, that implies forgiveness which in turn lets the bad guys profit on the backs of murder. Just doesn't make sense to me
Dude - I for one ain't gonna wait around for the government to apologise - they haven't been willing so why would I ever think that it would change. I know that I can overcome diversity and move on - that's all that matters to me.

As for Iraq and all that you said next I wasn't talking about that - I was generalising reasons why many NDNs would decide to serve. That was how I interpreted your question.

As for that last comment I don't give a rat's lil behind if anyone feels guilty for what has happened to our people - guilt is a useless emotion to me - having someone feel guilty isn't going to make me feel better. I'm the only one who can do that!
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook