Thread: OthelloBloke
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 12:04 AM   #14
Singing Eagle
An URBAN NDN

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post
Boozhoo niji,

OK number one, the reason why we fight with the people that committed acts of genocide against us: The reason is plain and simple. There are worse people out there than white people. There are places in this world where women have no respect, and by that I mean ZERO respect. There are places in this world where there is a severe intolerance to other people's religions. Its either their way or the highway, and their highway my niji is the one way up high over there in the spirit world. Finally there are people and countries in this world that would see the complete erradication of any people outside their own race. I know of one country that has the manpower and technology to do so, and I wonder why they are talking their time about doing it. (not meaning I want to see the rest of the world disappear, I am just playing devils advocate there and thinking stratigically.)

As far as non-natives trying to relate to natives, hmm thats a tougher one. I feel like you have to be a native to see things from that point of view, plain and simple. Its not like, "walk a few miles in my moccisans" or anything like that. You can go onto a reservation and feel sorry for the things that were done to us, know the difference between right and wrong and donate to charitable causes like NARF until the cows come home, but you will never understand what it means to be native, or understand us.

I feel like we see the world in a different light. I feel like there is a spiritual aspect to everything we do, something that my boss does not understand, and never will no matter how much I try to tell him. Our people have a love for this world that is unmatched by any other culture, and other cultures are finally waking up to the fact that the Earth Mother has not been feeling too good lately. Her death throws will be ours. We are all connected.

Derek
Great post D!
Singing Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook