Thread: OthelloBloke
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 01:46 AM   #15
Nezbah
Peace n Mutton Grease

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
OB......

First of all, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you included. However, I think more peeps were offended by some of the stuff you said, whether you intentionally or intentionally meant it. First, I should say....... think before you say something and really think it through before you post. I know I don't agree with someone on certain views but I have to be objective too. There are times I wanna sayyyyy @#$%&%$!!!!! to someone...... but hey, I have had to hold it back or really think before I actually say it. Words can be interpreted or even misinterpreted even when you don't mean or realize what you have said. Believe me some peoples minds aren't always there when they read a post...LOL.

In response to some of your quesitons, ya know people have been trying to understand us, well us Natives, for years...... Why this or why that..... This is simple, stop asking why....... Sometimes I still don't understand myself....hahah. I think the more you ask why...... the less you'll understand.....

As far as the natives fighting wars, well some of our nations have always been warriors, either for our own tribes, our own country, and even our own families. That's how I have been raised, fight to the end. Some of our native soldiers also feel they should honor their grandfathers who have fought in wars by being warriors themselves. I could not even tell you how many young men enlist because Grampa Yazzie was a soldier too..... That's how some of our young men and women were raised, you honor the elders. So I am sure many of our native men and women have different reasons why they enlist or fight these wars. But I have to respect their choices, I can't condemn it. I don't agree with this war, not at all, but I also don't codemn our soldiers in fighting it, especially native ones.

Please also understand, the problems on our reservations are no different than problems from anywhere else in the world. Everyone, be it black,white, native, etc have the same problems whether they are rich or poor, etc. Life's problems don't just happens to Natives.

All I can say..... maybe you'll find the answer your looking for when you stop looking. I know as a Native, I don't look for anyone to pity me or feel sorry for me. I can take care of myself, my family, my son, and my friends, as a strong native woman should. I hope one day you'll find that (what we call in Navajo....Hozho'...... harmony and peace within ourselves that we live in balance). You don't have to be native to find that.

But, I come to these forums to learn, laugh, and communicate with others from all over the country who I don't get to talk to everyday. Occasionally a good debate will flare up but it shouldn't get all ugly because someone expresses their own opinion. Remember to stop and think before you post. Believe me, haha, I have had to reread and rewrite many posts (including this one) that I have wrote. I even have to not think of all those @#$@#%!! words I have in my head...... I am sure I am not the only one....

So take it easy and actually enjoy powwows.com..... I guess I will have to put my pitchfork away now.......haha. Oh wait, I think its waiting for Tanees now...... someone has to poke him around.....ayeeeee

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
npathstvl@gmail.com
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook