View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
PrairieTX
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
PrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
This is what gets me and has always gotten me about Florida. People act like they are oblivious to what really goes on in the powwow world. All you have to do it take a look at sites like this one to see a ton of photos and videos of how dances and regalia should look. I cannnot for the life of me figure why this are so screwed up there. It's one of a few things, people don't care or they think they know it all. The latter is probably more likely the case.

If it had been me in that situation...I would have showed the kid some stuff... this is still a free country right? I could care less what Mr. X wanted...he's not the one that asked for help. If he approached me...I would have offered my same helping hand to get his act together.

It's unfortunate that an organization like AIA has dwindled to what it is today. I remember the days when drums like Eagle Claw were there invited drums and there were hundreds of dancers that came. Now you get them hiring the "F troop" as you call it. I did not go this year and was only there a few hours last year...what a disappointment. I will not go back as long as they continue to bring in such poor quality entertainment, singers, and dancers. If we all start to do that...maybe the dances there will get better.

Too bad the leadership of the past no longer has a presence in the organzation.
PrairieTX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook