View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
MayChe
Minglin' N Jinglin'

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
MayChe has a reputation beyond repute
MayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawneeMan View Post
I was real disappointed on Saturday night when I went to the AIA Orlando Powwow. I am Native American and I felt so out of place and uncomfortable at a powwow. I am sorry but 98% of the so called natives were nothing but white people dressed in native clothing trying to act native. One vendor had so called native craft when I picked it up to look at it, the person had forgotten to take the Made in China sticker off. I just moved to Florida from out west 8 months ago, I grew up going and participating in powwows, this was nothing close, I guess I am not accustomed to this kind of stuff, I went with the feeling of having a good time with other tribal brothers and most of the people there were nothing of the sort. I am sorry if I offend someone with the above mentioned but I just had to get it off my chest. I am sorry but I will not return in the future to this so called powwow.
Welcome to Florida. I went as well knowing that this would be there but alot of my friends that I haven't seen since the beginning of the year were there so that made it worth while. This powwow used to be good back in the day with the original committee members. But now with this new group it's gone completely downhill. Sorry you had to witness this, but that goes along with living here. There are some really good powwows here, but unfortunately AIA is not the best one.