View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
PrairieTX
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
PrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond reputePrairieTX has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I agree with MayChe. I was born and raised in Lakeland, FL...My mom is a Comanche transplant. There used to be some really good dances when I was a teenager and Orlando used to be one of them. I didn't go this year because of relocating to Texas, and I only spent a couple hours there last year because it was so bad. I think I stayed long enough to have a taco. :) But youre lucky because the Seminole tribe is having a really good dance in two weeks. One of the members posted a flyer for it just a few days ago. If you go to any dances in Florida...the Seminole sponsored powwows are usually really good. There is also a powwow in New Port Richey that's pretty good too. There's actually more natives there than white dancers which is not typical for FL. I would love to go to the powwow in Tampa in two weeks...but with the holidays...my travel plans for the next couple months are set and it didn't include going to FL. :)

I will tell you...if you make the Tampa powwow....make a point to meet the AD, Duane Whitehorse. He's Kiowa and my adopted unlce. Very nice guy, very welcoming, and when my mom gets the itch to be with natives...she usually visits with Duane and his wife, Maria. If you want to feel welcomed...those two will really help you do that. Just tell him Prairie says HI all the way from Texas! He may be super busy with the dance, but I am sure will take a minute to chat with you.

If you ever have any questions about dances there...feel free to message me. My mom keeps me up to date on all the goings on!
PrairieTX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook