View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #7
timmy tiger
Head Dancer

Items Cake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayChe View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to call some of these groups fraudulent. I've met some members of some of these groups and they are of Cherokee descent, documentation and all. They just don't meet the requirements of enrolling.

john_cornsilk was kinda harsh, huh?

It's not about many of the individual's, it's the organization's and their heads that is what makes them Frauds. Many of the individual's, most likely are descendants of a tribe. But to claim that these "Groups" are legit, no, they are not recognized by any of the Tribes that they claim to come from.
Many of the people from different tribes were scattered all over the state's through the Indian Schools and the Relocation Act: Carlisle, Cantonment, and there are so many other's that the list would take too long to put up here. But they were still member's of a "tribe" and many of them stayed where they were sent, many did go home, but for those who stayed---that doesn't make a "Tribe" just a family and descendants, not a whole "Tribe". Now if they called themselves "Organizations" or something like that, I really don't think that anyone would have much problems with it, but to call themselves a full "Tribe" with so-called "Chiefs", now that is a problem.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook