View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 07:55 AM   #16
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiowakat View Post
john C wrote this to me so I can understand a litle more about chickahuaga's, and believe it or not I got a post with no cussin, LOL, way to go John! this was my question:

the lost cherokee of AR never claimed to be Chickamauga, but all the sudden all these off shoots of LC are claiming to be Chickamauga and going for federal recognition, and these groups are sprouting up left and right,(if you haven't noticed) where do the Chickamauga fit into Cherokee History?

Actually KiowaKat there is no such thing as a separate tribe or a people called "Chickamauga", This was merely a term used by the Americans to distinguish between the followers of Dragging Canoe and those abiding by the peace treaties of 1777, called the Chickamauga Cherokee by colonials..

Dragging Canoe had led a group of Cherokee out of the towns of the Overhill area, after a devastating battle where the towns were destroyed to the area of Chickamauga River (South Chickamauga Creek) in the Chattanooga area, where they established eleven towns, including the one named Chickamauga. And Like I said once before it was from this time spent on these waterways that they got their name, by the Colonials who called them the Chickamauga. Just like the Oconaluftee Indians (Eastern Cherokee) lived on the banks of the Oconaluftee River.

Dragging Canoe died in 1792, and for all practical purposes so did the name Chickamauga, some of the followers of Dragging left the Nation before the Trail of tears Round up, for Arkansas settled and treated with US as a separate Group of Cherokee BUT, NOT as Chickamauga Cherokee, this is all bullshyt dreamt up by the Cherokee wannabe craze, they all left Arkansas in 1828 when the U.S decided they wanted them out of Arkansas to make room for the rednecks, they went to Indian Territory, now Oklahoma and became known as Old Settlers, cept for a few that followed the Bowl to Texas and got slaughtered...
But these groups weave facts with fiction because they "say not everybody was slaughtered or moved to Ark, they hid out and after a period of time they came back"!!!

And because no one can check on that it because facts for wannabes

I have always said its because we Cherokees have been so documented in books.
The Wannabe groups, dont have to go back and find an elder to ask for information, they can read it for themselves and use what fits there agenda. This is why there are so many different groups they can make up there own history.

Just like adoption, "I was an adopted Cherokee" they would say...
Funny thing is we as a tribe hardly ever adopted anyone outside our tribe it just was not common, made them slaves but not adopted them, hell look at the freedman...
That whole thing would have been solved if we had adopted them back then but we didnt!

All what John wrote is in several differnt history books, but again they take a kernal truth and spin it into what they want it to be!!!
Its makes a better story that you had these remnants running around in the background hiding out, sneaking around.

This runs against we all know about us Ndns!!!
We dont hide!!! We seek others of our own tribe and rejoin them!!!

Its non-ndns that was running away from something like all of Europe but we ndns would seek our own to live with!!!

Last edited by Josiah; 12-13-2007 at 08:50 AM..
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook