PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Pow Wow Talk (http://forums.powwows.com/f11/)
-   -   19th Annual World Championship Hoop Dance Contest, Heard Museum, Phoenix, AZ. (http://forums.powwows.com/f11/19th-annual-world-championship-hoop-dance-contest-heard-museum-phoenix-az-49502/)

SV_SB 01-30-2009 02:09 PM

19th Annual World Championship Hoop Dance Contest, Heard Museum, Phoenix, AZ.

Hoop Dance Championship at The Heard Museum, Phoenix, AZ.
February 7 - 8, 2009.

Host Drums- Mandaree (Mandaree on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads) and Bad Medicine.

xTekno 02-07-2009 10:48 AM

I guess this is still on!

skybird5 02-09-2009 10:21 AM

Winners

Here are the winners if anyone is interested.
Youth
3-Tyrese Jensen
2-Waskwane Stonefish
1-Beedoskah Stonefish

Teens
3-J.Michael Crank
2-Christian Hazell
1-Peanutt Roberts

Seniors
3-Tommy Draper
2-Terry Goedel
1-Daniel Tramper

Adults
6-Lane Jensen
5-Quentin Pipestem
4-Kevin Nakotah Duncan
3-Nakotah La Rance
2-Charles Denny
1-Brian Hammill

I went to sing with my old friends, haven't been to the Hoop Dance in years, now I remember why. SAME OLD, SAME OLD. Dancers, winners, judges, finalists, staff, etc. I maintain that this particular event should just be subtitled-SHOW TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE HEARD MUSEUM.

fiction 02-09-2009 03:39 PM

paid your admission, looked n-dee-n, sang n-dee-n, did your walkabout, mission accomplished. Nuff said.

**Summer_June** 02-09-2009 05:46 PM

congrats to beedoskah and waskwane!! way to go girls!

bvr_wmn 02-09-2009 10:06 PM

CONGRATZ Tiny & Bush Stonefish, Peanutt, & Lane Jensen

Grizzly 02-10-2009 04:43 PM

~19th Annual World Championship Hoop Dance Contest~

Way to go Lane and Ty!! :thumbsup:

AsdzaaDinehLady 02-11-2009 07:55 PM

Sorry we missed it....

We missed it this year, but watch out again next year. How were the tiny tots? they are always so CUTE!!.... next year.. someone, anyone.. gimme a ride!!.. lol.. aye.. .later....

LisaMOOSE07 02-12-2009 02:32 PM

Congrats

I would like to say Congrats to all the winners.

laokie 02-17-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skybird5 (Post 1265420)

I went to sing with my old friends, haven't been to the Hoop Dance in years, now I remember why. SAME OLD, SAME OLD. Dancers, winners, judges, finalists, staff, etc. I maintain that this particular event should just be subtitled-SHOW TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE HEARD MUSEUM.

Gee Skybird, why don't you just save yourself the trouble and stay home? You never have ANYTHING positive to say about any thing that you or your crew is not involved in, which means you only bother with powwows because you get paid for it!! So isn't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black, so to speak? The Heard museum has to raise funds somehow and the Hoop dance is one way of doing that AND there are people that enjoy watching the competition.
Of course as I've said before, REAL POWWOW PEOPLE can enjoy themselves at any kind of Indian venue. Indians support Indians. So if you can't enjoy yourself and show your support, why do you bother going?