Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk 2005 Orme Dam Victory Days Celebration 2005 Orme Dam Victory Days Celebration

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #61
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Veon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 395.28
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up A Review

I luv this powwow. Always good singing and good dancing. In addition, excellent weather and good hospitality to boot. The night time temps were a little cool, but tolerable. It didn't seem to be as cold as last year. I think the mega-tent helped w/the night-time air. (BTW, that was one hell of a tent.)
Glad to have the food vendors a few steps away. That was a plus.
No one from the Yavapai Tribe promoted their new resort. Next year, visitors can stay nearby for this powwow!

Thanks to the Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation for their efforts to be a good host! It keeps getting better, year by year. (Perfect, but improving.....lol)

2 questions:

1. Does anyone have a complete list of weiners?

2. Did they have the switch dance?
Veon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #62
Junior Dancer

Veon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 395.28
Talking And....

....another plus for this powwow, was the benefit of Tech's sound system. You can have a great powwow, but if the sound system is crappy, it sucks. Good job, Tech!
Veon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #63
Cradleboard Baby

gaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond repute
gaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond reputegaonseh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Sounds like a good time... can't wait to see the list of winners and hear aaalll about it. I got preliminary reports but everyone is still too tired to talk about it... hrmmm... lol... this powwow's got a special place in my heart though *sigh* good times...

Congrats to the winners!!

Missin' you all BUNCHES and BUNCHES!!!!!!!! ~Ga
Old 11-21-2005, 07:31 PM   #64
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,023.89
I thought it was great too. I didn't make it out there yesterday but Saturday was the bomb. There were A LOT of dancers! The drum groups were great (Blu Thunder really blew me away. Maybe because I sat right next to them). The tent really made it for the evenings. It was a bit warmer in there and the lighting was really good. Yes, they had a switch dance (male & female) and that was really cool too. Couldn't tell you the winners though (I'm still not that aquianted with everyone yet). My mutton sandwich had a big ol' bone in it (as well as a small one) so, that was a let down. Everyone had pinons for sale (grabbed a bag for my used to be). This year did nothing to change my mind as far as this being my favorite pow wow. Not even the speeding ticket and busted tail light ticket I got on the way home. Damn silao...
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2005, 07:51 PM   #65
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,516.18
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
All the drums were rendering awesome tunes! Both host drums were kicking butt with their songs. I think a few drums that showed up late were a little disappointed for one reason or another since they didn't show up again on Sunday. There was quite a bit of waiting around for, but all the drums got to sing in all the sessions.

The stand-in MC (Dean Whitebreast from Iowa) did a fantastic job along with AD "Cricket" Shields. It was a pleasure to work with both of them.

One thing about the MC is that this was the first time that any MC ever beat me to the powwow grounds! He was already at the grounds Saturday morning when I showed up at 8:40! Usually, the MC don't come around until close to Grand Entry, but he was way too early for me. In fact, along with the head gourd dancers and the rest of the gourd dancers, we waited around for the physical drum to show up!

I think some people were complaining about the parking, but what do you expect for an event where there is free parking and no admission or registration fee? The committee did all they can to accomodate the audience with the hugh tent.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2005, 08:37 PM   #66
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,023.89
That's no lie. He was on the mic at 4:45p. He was also a lot louder at that time. My only complaint with the parking was the idgit that told me to park all the way by the carnival on Friday night. I guess I'd be complaining more if I were one of the folks who got boxed in. What time did they finish up Saturday anyway? I took off after the Fancy Shawl.
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2005, 11:42 PM   #67
Standing Rock

xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
Mountain Soul (NH), Southern Boyz (SH), Sun Bear, Rocky Park, Blackfoot Confederacy (1st-N), Blu Thunder, Mile Post 30 (3rd-N), Parker School, Tha Tribe (2nd-N), White Lodge, Eagle Boyz, Qua-Hola, Preyin Eagle, Thunder Hill (2nd-S), Cozad (3rd-S) and Young Bird (1st-S).
I forget the boyz and bros from Bow Guard!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:34 AM   #68
MM! MMM!! BEE-YATCH!!!

ABdrum has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 30.00
anyone know the results for the jr. girls jingle? wanna know if my lil' podna placed again.
ABdrum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 AM   #69
Let's Dance!!

Tradish_Mom has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 170.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABdrum
anyone know the results for the jr. girls jingle? wanna know if my lil' podna placed again.

ABDrum..... didn't make it this year?
oh man!.... we didn't either...:(
Old 11-22-2005, 01:36 PM   #70
Standing Rock

Full list of contest winners will be posted this afternoon ... just hold your horses!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:29 PM   #71
MM! MMM!! BEE-YATCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradish_Mom
ABDrum..... didn't make it this year?
oh man!.... we didn't either...:(

No, we didn't make it this year, we were going to sing with Standing Soldier but I heard they wouldn't allow us to set up because registration was closed at grand entry, that was a first. Should've just let us set up and not contest. Maybe next year.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #72
Standing Rock

Unhappy

Quote:
No, we didn't make it this year, we were going to sing with Standing Soldier but I heard they wouldn't allow us to set up because registration was closed at grand entry, that was a first. Should've just let us set up and not contest. Maybe next year.
I didn't see the rules, but someone said something about a minimum of eight singers and no more than ten or eleven. There were drums that weren't able to register for the singing contest because they either showed up late or did not have the minimum number of singers: New Circle, Qua-Hola, and Preyin Eagle. They stayed around for one or two sessions at most.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:37 PM   #73
Ice Ice Baby

::ICEMAN:: will become famous soon enough
Credits: 0.00
yA'TAH'HEY

Yeah...we didn't get to set up cause...we didn't have enough singers.......bummer......I really wanted to jam too. I stayed around for a while.....the switch dance was freakin awesome....I love it! haha.....can't wait till next year! Too bad we didn't jam.......it's all good though....there were plenty of good drums....lots of heavy hitters..

Is frybread part of the Atkins diet?
::ICEMAN:: is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #74
ANOTHER STINKIN INJUN!!!!

heysho has a spectacular aura about
Goot Shindig!!!!

HEY YA'LL!!!! WHAT A WEEKEND HUH? WHERE CAN I START, HMMMM???? FIRST OF ALL....I HAD FUN ALL WEEKEND LONG AT THIS YEARS FT. MCDOWELL SHINDIG. THE POW-WOW COMMITTEE TREATED US VERY WELL. FOOD WAS REAL GOOD TOO. I HAD MY SHARE OF SERVINGS....LOL. ALL THE DRUMS THAT SHOWED UP BLASTED THEIR LUNGS OUT WHICH WAS COOL. BLACK FOOT CONFEDERACY ROCKED!!!! I HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR NEXT YEARS HOST DRUMS!!!! NORTHERN HOST....BEAR CREEK. SOUTHERN HOST....SOUTHERN THUNDER. ANYWHO....LATERSSSS!!!!....MASTERBATORSSSS!!!!
heysho is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #75
Junior Dancer

Tom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant futureTom Clinton has a brilliant future
aw comeon who won in the southern categories?

Some One Must Know????????????????????
Tom Clinton is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-2005, 05:20 AM   #76
Teen Dancer

Silly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond reputeSilly_Az_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

She didn't place this time! but of course you know she took it in stride.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #77
MM! MMM!! BEE-YATCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Az_girl
She didn't place this time! but of course you know she took it in stride.
hey, that's cool, my podnaz always a winner to me and those close to her....next time lil' podna.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:43 PM   #78
sentient being

Items Treasure Chest
skybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond reputeskybird5 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 663.88
Some of the Winners!

I found my list of winners...here they are:
Women's Golden Age Northern
4-Nita Track
3-???
2-Carmen Clairmont
1-Sylvestine Shields

Women's Golden Age Southern
4-Phyllis Largo
3-Winnie Mendivil
2-Cheryl Tofpi
1-Charlene Cozad

men's Golden age Northern
4-Richard Rock
3-Ray Blackwater
2-Andrew WindyBoy
1-Norman Largo

Men's Golden age Southern
4-Gary Koshiway
3-Dewayne Tofpi
2-Tommy Draper
1-Vernon Harragarra

Women's Southern
4-Patricia Yarholar
3-Delaine Snowball
2-Roberta Smith
1-Janet Bullcoming

Women's Northern
4-Holly Eagle Speaker
3-Salina No Ear
2-Summer Baldwin
1-Alva Fiddler

Women's Jingle
4-Maureen Z
3-Tawnee Williams
2-Henrietta Scalplock
1-Acosia Leighton

Women's Fancy
4-Urseloria kanuho
3-Amber Cleveland
2-Tawny Hale
1-Rose Track

Men's Grass
4-Darnell Baker
3-Wesley Windy Boy
2-Julius Not Afraid
1-Darrell Goodwill

Men's Southern Straight
4-Irwin Morris
3-Michael Grant
2-Joaquin hamilton
1-Shude Victors

Switch Dance:
Women-
3-Salina No Ear
2-Acosia Leighton
1-Ariane Sheka

Men-
3-Joaquin Hamilton
2-??
1-Quanah Henry
skybird5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2005, 10:32 AM   #79
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
wow thats a very nice list of dancers..

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2005, 08:54 PM   #80
Northern Tradish

miltown_nimipu is an unknown quantity at this point
Mens Northern Tradish

What was the Mens Northern Traditional results?