Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk 2006 Lumbee Spring Powwow 2006 Lumbee Spring Powwow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #181
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfingers
hey everyone, hope you guyz had a safe trip hope. the PW this year was off the chain, good to see fam and friends. the drums rocked the house. it was so awlsome to see my son Nick, its been so long, lookin forward to that big day, tell momz e-mail me, it was so crazy hangin out with the one and only Dennis, did ya ever find out bout the shoe thing . hope everyone didnt get sick like me from the w/e, the change of wheather was crazzzzzy, anywayz besides the wheather we still had ablast, hey Dennis so are ya comin to my home next year, Haliwa-Saponi PW? laterz till next PW, safe travels

FancyF,

It was good to see U 2! I hope you share the suggestion that I gave to help your hubby with his outfit. He's a good dancer.

Archie Lynch talked to me and gave me his card concerning an invitation to next years Haliwa-Saponi powwow. I would be honored to come out. I won't say for sure though until I sign on the dotted line!

tallinj,

The challenge in posting all the winners is that they were only announced by numbers. Because there was a good mixture of both local dancers and visiting dancers, it will be hard for anyone to list all the winners.

I think the only one that can do this is the powwow chairwoman....

"OHHHHHHHH Aprealone???????"

Jibby,

PEEK - A - BOO!!! *LOL

Last edited by WhoMe; 05-12-2006 at 11:58 AM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #182
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe

Jibby,

PEEK - A - BOO!!! *LOL
WhoZit,

you're killin' me! LOL
Old 05-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #183
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDrumSinger
The powwow was good....I'll post as many results as I can....I don't know many names but there were some awsome dancers there. To those who came out and supported my mom during her honoring, thank you so much. Also, to all the grass dancers who competed in the special...that was the best display of dancing I have ever seen. You guys kicked it up and danced hard. Here are the winners I remember.

Drum:
1st Kau-ta-noh Jrs.
2nd Stoney Creek
3rd Black Bear
4th Southern Eagle

Men's Grass
1st Keith Sharphead
2nd Ronnie Preston
3rd Josh Richardson
4th Albert (from Conn.)

Men's Traditional
1st Arnie McDonald
2nd Justin ?
3rd Osceola Redshirt
4th Shirrah Gray

Men's Fancy
1st Wayne Silas, Jr

Men's Straight
1st Jaquin Hamilton
2nd Ray Silva
3rd ?
4th Paige Burgess

Not sure of the women's categories...I know brenda sylva placed in women's jingle....and also one of the back up singers from High Noon...she was GOOD.

Good job committee handling the incliment weather. Looking forward to next year. Somebody can fill in the gaps where I missed on the list of winners.

Good meeting the powwows.comers

Thanks to Sizzortail for letting me sing a few.
WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! TO MY BOY JUSTIN UNDERWOOD FOR REP'N!! HAHA! HE WAS PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT THE PW & TRAVEL'N BACK TO LUMBEE....CONGRATS J! ;)

CONGRATS TO ALL THE OTHER WEEENERS TOO!
**First Lady** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #184
Putin' a lil jingle in it

nativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 180.00
Update???/

So does anyone have an update on how Mrs. Judy is? I've been checking each day on here to see if anyone knows. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #185
UNBELIEVEABLE!

taani has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 2,358.18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativegal
So does anyone have an update on how Mrs. Judy is? I've been checking each day on here to see if anyone knows. Thanks!
I spoke w/Ron and Judy a coupla days ago and she's doing just fine.
taani is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #186
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by taani
I spoke w/Ron and Judy a coupla days ago and she's doing just fine.
Thanks for the update. I was hoping to hear good news. She is a very sweet Lady.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #187
Putin' a lil jingle in it

nativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond reputenativegal has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 180.00
YES!!! Thank you for letting us know! <3
Old 05-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #188
Junior Dancer

SeaHawk is just really nice
All I can tell you is that Jennifer American Bear Richardson took First place in Jr. Women's Traditional. Her b-day was wednesday so that was her last time dancing in the Jr. Women's catagory... movin' on up...
Old 05-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #189
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
She'll have to go west or north to find a golden age category.

BTW, I'm still thinkin' bout them chiggen gizzards. corn bread and mustard greens, black-eyed peas, collards and turnips, sweet potada pie, string beans , southern fried chiggen,okra, string beans & potadas, barbequed pig, ham hocks, candied yams. MMMmmmmmmMMM.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #190
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
BTW, I'm still thinkin' bout chiggen gizzards. corn bread and mustard greens, black-eyed peas, collards and turnips, sweet potada pie, string beans , southern fried chiggen,okra, string beans & potadas, barbequed pig, ham hocks, candied yams. MMMmmmmmmMMM.

Thanks for postin' the nicknames of the contest winners Kiwehnzi!!!

*L

j/k
Old 05-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #191
Teen Dancer

Ol'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond repute
ALRIGHT! B4 I get called out...I'm Southern Fried Chiggen!!!
Ol'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #192
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 137,123.84
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
She'll have to go west or north to find a golden age category.

BTW, I'm still thinkin' bout them chiggen gizzards. corn bread and mustard greens, black-eyed peas, collards and turnips, sweet potada pie, string beans , southern fried chiggen,okra, string beans & potadas, barbequed pig, ham hocks, candied yams. MMMmmmmmmMMM.
So did you have homemade ice cream, or nanner puddin' for desert?!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #193
southern singer

jlumbee is on a distinguished road
This was a great powwow with a good feeling. The head staff did a wonderful job and the singing and dancing was awesome. Congrats to the powwow committee for working hard and making sure everything was done right. Maybe next year we wont have all the rain LOL. Hope everyone enjoyed Lumbee country and for those first timers I hope you are looking forward to returning again.
jlumbee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2006, 09:08 AM   #194
a real half ndn*

Aprealone has a spectacular aura about
My bad!!

Sorry to leave ya hanging, just taking care of a few loose ends. I will have pics and winners posted this week. Thanks for your patience and goods words...the staff is hyped reading your posts.

Love -April
Aprealone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #195
Teen Dancer

Ol'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Hi April! I'm the one who's as old as her number! Thought you took a vacation 'cos the staff probably needed one. Never been to a pow-wow in North Carolina and I was pleasantly surprised! Really liked the message about the tobacco to the kids. I've never heard anyone speak about tobacco like that! I may not have smoked hearing all that! ? Maybe? Great job! Just have to do something about the weather next year! jk! Had a blast!
Ol'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #196
UNBELIEVEABLE!

taani has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 2,358.18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprealone
Sorry to leave ya hanging, just taking care of a few loose ends. I will have pics and winners posted this week. Thanks for your patience and goods words...the staff is hyped reading your posts.

Love -April
Still waiting for the list of winners.
taani is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #197
a real half ndn*

Aprealone has a spectacular aura about
I feel ya, still looking for a list of names rather than numbers. Thank you-April
Aprealone is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 PM   #198
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Something I haven't heard in ages, I heard at this powwow. Raise your fist and yell, " Red power!!!"
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #199
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Quote:
Something I haven't heard in ages, I heard at this powwow. Raise your fist and yell, " Red power!!!"
Yeah - that was crazy wild - thought a riot was gonna commence. lol My girl Wendy GM - she was right on, huh! Was waiting for but it was all good...

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Last edited by Smokin' Ace; 05-23-2006 at 08:43 AM..
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #200
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Hey Ace, is Webbie going to post your pics??