Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk 2006 Lumbee Spring Powwow 2006 Lumbee Spring Powwow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2006, 08:42 AM   #121
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SouthernDrumSinger is on a distinguished road
Credits: 187.20
Savings: 0.00

The powwow was good....I'll post as many results as I can....I don't know many names but there were some awsome dancers there. To those who came out and supported my mom during her honoring, thank you so much. Also, to all the grass dancers who competed in the special...that was the best display of dancing I have ever seen. You guys kicked it up and danced hard. Here are the winners I remember.

Drum:
1st Kau-ta-noh Jrs.
2nd Stoney Creek
3rd Black Bear
4th Southern Eagle

Men's Grass
1st Keith Sharphead
2nd Ronnie Preston
3rd Josh Richardson
4th Albert (from Conn.)

Men's Traditional
1st Arnie McDonald
2nd Justin ?
3rd Osceola Redshirt
4th Shirrah Gray

Men's Fancy
1st Wayne Silas, Jr

Men's Straight
1st Jaquin Hamilton
2nd Ray Silva
3rd ?
4th Paige Burgess

Not sure of the women's categories...I know brenda sylva placed in women's jingle....and also one of the back up singers from High Noon...she was GOOD.

Good job committee handling the incliment weather. Looking forward to next year. Somebody can fill in the gaps where I missed on the list of winners.

Good meeting the powwows.comers

Thanks to Sizzortail for letting me sing a few.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #122
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNQt
So come on folks, give us the lowdown on everything that happened? What happened to Judy? Is she going to be okay?

Who won???? I see Ace said there were lots of dancers. And pictures - I know someone took lots of pics. And what about the old sayings contest? Did some video that where they can put a clip on here?
I took a slew of pictures and will post some later today.... gotta download off of camera first.

Mrs. Gibson, the MC's announced, had a stroke and was rushed to hospital. They did a blanket dance for her and Mr. Ron Gibson, and gave it to Daniel Tramper. That was about 5 yesterday.

And, unless I missed it (and I don't think I did) the Lumbee sayings contest never happened - I was looking forward to it.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2006, 09:27 AM   #123
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
Please keep us posted on Ms. Judy. She is a really sweet lady. I always call her my sweetheart when I see her.

Congrats to all the winners. Hope that everyone had a lot of fun.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #124
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Ace
One thing for sure from this weekend - Friday night and today, it rained like a beotch. And it was cold too..... but yesterday was beautiful.....

There were many many pow-wow.comer's there - I am interested to hear how they enjoyed the pow-wow.

WhoMe and Ray did a great job!!!

April - grace under pressure - the pow-wow committee did incredible work all weekend with all the amenities.... I think that everyone had a really great time.

I was late getting breakfast to the pow-wow - not my fault - but u guys have my apologies. I tried - one person was fed anyway......

There were over 200 registered dancers - 6 drums. Great turnout....

I am sure the pow-wow committee will post all the winners... great dancing - great singing.... I pray everyone makes it home safely - the weather coming and going was awful tho.

Here are the drum results:

1) Kau-ta-noh, Jrs.
2) Stoney Creek
3) Black Bear
4) Southern Eagle

Hand drum winners: Stoney Creek

How is Mrs. Gibson doing? Keeping her and Mr. Ron in our prayers.

Much love - great seeing everyone - see ya on the trail...
I was there, singing with Southern Eagle. I had to leave mid-sunday. Congrats All you guys, there were some killer drum groups. High Noon man. Yall sounded pretty tough. Sizzilin tail. Yall were kickin it up too. 2 step songs were wicked. Point is there was some dam good singing this weekend. DAM good. Thx everyone I had a great time. This was my first time coming and I plan on returning next year.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #125
n/a

Brisa26 is a splendid one to beholdBrisa26 is a splendid one to behold
Credits: 0.00
I hope Mrs. Judy will be alright, she's always so friendly and always there to share a joke and congrats to Keith too!
Brisa26 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #126
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Hi Kiddies!!
First i'd like to say my thoughts & prayers are w/Judy & her family.....lets keep her in our prayers & hope that she's ok.

I'm so bummed we missed out this year....seriously, i wish we could've been there, i love my NC Folks!! Heard we missed a DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN good pw too. Anna & I have finals today & tomorrow that we needed to study for, then we're headin out to Stanford.....next year fa sho!
So does anyone have a complete list of winners??? I'd like to see how the women's categories worked out.....who i missed out on dancing with & who i could've snagged....aaaaaye! (on the snaggin part...hahaha!)
Happy to hear things went well tho, i'm sure you guys rocked it..Congrats to the winners & my boyz of Stoney Creek, miss ya'll!

*Hope your heart is good Mrs. Judy, many blessings*
Old 05-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #127
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I had a good time. Not quite the same as I'm used to, but everybody puts their own flair on their shindigs, so it's all good.
I gave 'er all I had dancin' against them young whippers but they wore me out on Sunday. Don't matter. I dance hard whenever I'm out there. Intertribals, grand entry, contests, exhibitions. I don't go into the arena to walk around.

Thanks to the powwow committee for putting on the 55 & over special. I don't know of any powwows in the southeast that include a category for the older folks. It's pretty much a common occurence up this way, but......... this may be a new beginning of honoring in this way. I didn't win that one either but the guy who did, Royce Kingbird, was very deserving of the award.

My better half got fourth in the womens tradish. That helped with expenses. Oh, BTW, speakin' of expenses, I got me a liddle Vibe and only spent $150 bucks total on gas. 3000 kilometers or as you most know 1800 miles. Get yourselves a 4 cylinder.

I met a few posters at the powwow for the first time. LSS, Southerndrumsinger, can't remember the lady's name but she's married to one of those guys. I met Whome too. Pleased to meet (ya' all) Aye. To all the rest that I met before, it was good to see yusses again.

I ate some good southern food at Fullers. Them collard greens make a person fart. You can keep them things. *L*

I didn't know many of those winners that were mentioned but thanks for posting what you remember. All I know was #'s 26, 83, 12, 53, 68, 42, 87. Sorry, I can't remember the rest. Aye.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #128
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
I had a good time. Not quite the same as I'm used to, but everybody puts their own flair on their shindigs, so it's all good.
I gave 'er all I had dancin' against them young whippers but they wore me out on Sunday. Don't matter. I dance hard whenever I'm out there. Intertribals, grand entry, contests, exhibitions. I don't go into the arena to walk around.

Thanks to the powwow committee for putting on the 55 & over special. I don't know of any powwows in the southeast that include a category for the older folks. It's pretty much a common occurence up this way, but......... this may be a new beginning of honoring in this way. I didn't win that one either but the guy who did, Royce Kingbird, was very deserving of the award.

My better half got fourth in the womens tradish. That helped with expenses. Oh, BTW, speakin' of expenses, I got me a liddle Vibe and only spent $150 bucks total on gas. 3000 kilometers or as you most know 1800 miles. Get yourselves a 4 cylinder.

I met a few posters at the powwow for the first time. LSS, Southerndrumsinger, can't remember the lady's name but she's married to one of those guys. I met Whome too. Pleased to meet (ya' all) Aye. To all the rest that I met before, it was good to see yusses again.

I ate some good southern food at Fullers. Them collard greens make a person fart. You can keep them things. *L*

I didn't know many of those winners that were mentioned but thanks for posting what you remember. All I know was #'s 26, 83, 12, 53, 68, 42, 87. Sorry, I can't remember the rest. Aye.

Glad you made it home safe - and you left out number 2, 10, 105 and 200 - lol. Good to see you again and hope to see ya again, somewhere, soon on the trail.....take care friend.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Last edited by Smokin' Ace; 05-09-2006 at 09:17 AM..
Old 05-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #129
Ladies S. Trad. Dancer

Waya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond repute
Great time

I'm still trying to recoup from this weekend.. Had a great time. Didn't intend on dancing all three days cause I'm so out of shape but with all the good music I had too!! It was great.. The Pow-wow committee did a wonderful job! Continue doing what you guys are doing.. It was great seeing all you guys I haven't seen in forever, and nice meeting Waya's brother (Nick)! Hope everyone had safe travels on the way home..
Old 05-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #130
Senior Dancer

NDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Does anyione know who won womens tradish?
Old 05-09-2006, 10:34 AM   #131
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
*yawn*

Dang, we just got back to Ottawa at 3 am. So much for the "we've got to get on the road for 7am" ! Maaaaan, me and my gals had a fabulous time. The powwow was very well run *high five to April*. The feast was just what we needed and the people are soooooo warm n inviting. I met greyeyedndn, gal, your son is the absolute CUTEST! Saw my gal ACE (sorry I missed out on your delecasies) and almost died laughing form all the jokes people have down there.

WhoMe, once again, thanks for providing laughter ( I will get you back for Saturday's announcement BTW), encouragement and much appreciated knowledge!

All in all, the 15 hour drive was worth it and we can't wait to go back.

Jibbz~
Old 05-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #132
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
Kiwehnzii, man you crack me up!! Happy you got to eat at Fullers tho, i loved that place the moment i set eyes on the buffet.

You just made my day!! travel safe...
Old 05-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #133
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose
Kiwehnzii, man you crack me up!! Happy you got to eat at Fullers tho, i loved that place the moment i set eyes on the buffet.

You just made my day!! travel safe...
Hey gal,

I def missed yoru presence at the powwow and was looking forward to parring with you - so you know we're gonna have to catch up sooner than later! Have fun at Stanford and goot luck on your exams!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #134
Ladies Traditional Dncr

grneyendn is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Jibby]Dang, we just got back to Ottawa at 3 am. So much for the "we've got to get on the road for 7am" ! Maaaaan, me and my gals had a fabulous time. The powwow was very well run *high five to April*. The feast was just what we needed and the people are soooooo warm n inviting. I met greyeyedndn, gal, your son is the absolute CUTEST! Saw my gal ACE (sorry I missed out on your delecasies) and almost died laughing form all the jokes people have down there."

Glad you made it home safely... So happy that you decided to come down to powwow w/us, even tho we had to wade through the rain puddles Sunday. Thanks for the comment about my son. We are very proud of him and if he would have had the chance to meet you he would have started grinning and shyed away. Pretty women make him shy!!!!!

Until next time - stay safe :)

Last edited by grneyendn; 05-09-2006 at 01:16 PM..
grneyendn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2006, 03:39 PM   #135
Gettin Dat Chicken On...

darkwaterlum is a jewel in the rough
Jibby.....

I am glad that you and the girls had a good time. Hopefully you will come back down next year, and bring some more friends and family with you. Appreciate the compliment on Food, my family loves feeding people any chance they get.
darkwaterlum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #136
Arena Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwaterlum
I am glad that you and the girls had a good time. Hopefully you will come back down next year, and bring some more friends and family with you. Appreciate the compliment on Food, my family loves feeding people any chance they get.
That food was off the hook - thanks for the invite fren - you totally rock - I liked your Mom's speech right before the feed began - that was priceless - nothing like everyone feeling totally at home!!!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 05-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #137
Gettin Dat Chicken On...

darkwaterlum is a jewel in the rough

Last edited by darkwaterlum; 05-09-2006 at 04:26 PM..
darkwaterlum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #138
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,589.70
Good dance!

Congratulations to April Whittemore, Leon Jacobs, Chief Jimmy Goins and the Lumbee powwow committee for all your hard work in making this 2006 another successful powwow!

Here's who I saw from powwows.com:

Aprealone
Jibby
Smokin' Ace
Kiwehnzii
Emmy
Miss Nish
darkwaterlum
fancyfingers
FO SIZZA MY NIZZA
Sneak-a-peek
grneyendn
Hobbs49
[]flybynight[]

who else was there?

I had a such a good tyme with Jibby and her "Pocahotties!" *L

Also, I have a new favorite grass dancer.... Josh Richardson. The kid is awesome!

Last edited by WhoMe; 05-09-2006 at 04:56 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #139
Senior Dancer

NDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond reputeNDN GRITS has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
I was there i had on the black regalia on Saturday.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #140
Arena Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Good dance!

Congratulations to April Whittemore, Leon Jacobs, Chief Jimmy Goins and the Lumbee powwow committee for all your hard work in making this 2006 another successful powwow!

Here's who I saw from powwows.com:

Aprealone
Jibby
Smokin' Ace
Kiwehnzii
Emmy
Miss Nish
darkwaterlum
fancyfingers
FO SIZZA MY NIZZA
Sneak-a-peek
grneyendn
Hobbs49
[]flybynight[]

who else was there?

I had a such a good tyme with Jibby and her "Pocahotties!" *L
Dang - I didn't see that many - lol - we shoulda had a meet n greet - next time - right??

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Sponsored Links