Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk 2006 Stanford Powwow 2006 Stanford Powwow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 12:23 AM   #61
ANOTHER STINKIN INJUN!!!!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
heysho has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEn8ive_kita
Drum results:
1. War Scout
2. Southern Express
3. Wild Rose
4, Rocking Horse

Lets see... dance results... grass, Randy Paskemin took 1st and Rusty Gillete took 2nd... Jingle went to Acosia Leighton... mens tradish went to Lonnie Street, 2nd was ardel scalplock and paris leighton took 3rd and 4th..?.... ummmm someone help out on all the others...lol...

Congratz to all the winners tho!!
I WAS SURPRISED AT THE OUTCOME OF THE DRUM RESULTS. BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO, RIGHT? AS FOR ME I THOUGHT SOUTHERN EXPRESS SHOULD'VE TOOK 1ST, WILD ROSE 2ND, WARSCOUTS 3RD AND ROCKING HORSE 4TH. BUT THATS MY OPINION, YA KNOW? STANFORD POWWOW WEEKEND WAS SOMETHING ELSE. FIRE ALARM BEING SET OFF AT 4AM SUNDAY MORNING OR A BIT AFTER. WE(STANFORD POWWOW HEADSTAFF) BEING EVICTED AFTER 8AM SUNDAY MORNING BECAUSE OF "EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES" BEING HELD AT THE "HOST HOTEL"....LOL!!!! ONCE AGAIN....OVERALL WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND AND POWWOW.

Last edited by WhoMe; 05-16-2006 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: MY OOPS!!!!
heysho is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #62
Pow Wow Visitor

creesinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysho
I WAS SURPRISED AT THE OUTCOME OF THE DRUM RESULTS. BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO, RIGHT? AS FOR ME I THOUGHT SOUTHERN EXPRESS SHOULD'VE TOOK 1ST, WILD ROSE 2ND, WARSCOUTS 3RD AND ROCKING HORSE 4TH. BUT THATS MY OPINION, YA KNOW? STANFORD POWWOW WEEKEND WAS SOMETHING ELSE. FIRE ALARM BEING SET OFF AT 4AM SUNDAY MORNING OR A BIT AFTER. WE(STANFORD POWWOW HEADSTAFF) BEING EVICTED AFTER 8AM SUNDAY MORNING BECAUSE OF "EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES" BEING HELD AT THE "HOST HOTEL"....LOL!!!! ONCE AGAIN....OVERALL WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND AND POWWOW.
On behalf of Northern Cree, I would like to thank Michelle for the fine hospitality she gave us. We had a super weekend and it was a good pow-wow. We would not hesitate to support her in any future endeavors. Yea the fire alarm in the hotel shot me right out of bed at 4 in the morning. There were some rumours going around accusing us of setting it off and being the partyers. But that is not true! Yes, there were a few guys who partied at the hotel with a few guys from the other host drum and some of the other head staff, along with pow-wow people staying at the hotel. But our 5 rooms were all intact and we paid for any incidentals (eg. phone calls, movies, etc.) that we incurred during our stay at the Marriott.
All in all, what's a pow-wow without a little adversity. The people I really felt bad for were all the elders who had to go outside in the middle of the night. Good job to the person who pulled the alarm. That was so funny. NOT! Good pow-wow and nice people in that area. Would not hesitate to return there again. Bonus was going to watch the Oilers kick the **** out of the Sharks Sunday night. GOOD JOB MICHELLE!

(p.s. Don't worry to much about the "Winona" lady. You'll always have nay sayers, because of the good job that you do, and a lot of that comes from their envy of you because they are not able to do what you did. Take care and may the Creator bless you and your family.)
creesinger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #63
Gotta get dancin' again

rachelg196 has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=creesinger]On behalf of Northern Cree,

Before I begin to say anything, I'm not a crazy person but my mom took a picture (she was trying to record but she's not a good technical person) and I believe she caught a spirit over your drum (northern cree). So thanks for bringing out the good spirits.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #64
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 86,596.98
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
In spite of all the mishaps, this year's powwow was the best of the four years that I've attended so far.

All the drums were sounding good whipping out some keen tunes! I only wish there was some way to accomodate the drum groups that had to endure the afternoon sun without a canopy (War Scouts and Wild Rose). For once, it got really warm on Sunday!

Both host drums were rendering awesome songs and rocking the place all weekend long!

The powwow committee did their best in providing excellent hospitality all around! They took good care of the sound system crew!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 06:21 PM   #65
Pow Wow Visitor

Errrban_FancyShawler will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by heysho
WHAT A WEEKEND AT STANFORD POWWOW!!!!!!!!....LOL!!!!
undefinedundefined

LMAO man that wuz messed up tho! that freakin fire alarm! GOSH! anywayz.....here's sum of tha winnerz that i member......

Women's Fancy:
1st-Laverna Thompson
2nd-Crystalen Pacheco
3rd-Verna Street
4th-Denelle Stanley (me)

Women's Jingle:
1st-Acosia Leighton
2nd-Tiffany Paskemin
3rd-Henrietta Scalplock
4th-Felicia Jimminez

Men's Grass:
1st-Randy Paskemin
2nd-Rusty Gillette
3rd-Adam Nordwall
4th-Walden Tawawina

Men's No. Tradish:
1st-Lonnie Street
2nd-Ardell Scalplock
3rd-Parris Leighton
4th-Jr. Garcia

Men's So. Strait:
1st-Matt Sheka
2nd-Eddie Rubideaux
3rd-Buck Wallahe
4th-Sammy Phillips

and thas all i can member! but um...it wuz fun this year there!!! finally got to bust out a new shawl there! LOL but man NC ROCKED THA HOUSE!! really know how to make yah jamout!! ESp. SUnday wuz our finalz and man i wuz feelin too good cuz of tha heat...but our 2nd song wuz NC and they gave us a Crow HOp...and boy...they sho made me feel so good and i juss didn't worry about a thing but all i did wuz dance my toosh off for my mama!! :D so it wuz SO COOL!! THANX TO THEM A LOT!! and it wuz good to get 2nd along with Southern Express!! they made me sing hard! hehe but yeah anywayz i hope everyone else had a good time!~
Errrban_FancyShawler is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 07:41 PM   #66
Teen Dancer

tsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,027.94
Yeah it was a real goot powwow-thanks to the comittee and student organization for hosting us. Good food, folks, dancing, music-it dont get much better than that.

It's prolly just me being impatient, but I wish that spectators would not rush into singers and dancers family arbors during grand entry. I'm only 5"6' or so and always end up missing grand entry and other "good stuff" on account of the spectators rushing and crowding out the "powwow crowd". But like I said, its prolly just me being impatient.. :)

Ready for next years powwow!
tsuj510 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #67
Gotta get dancin' again

Errrban_FancyShawler Are you related to Eric?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:34 PM   #68
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelg196
Errrban_FancyShawler Are you related to Eric?

maybeh....lol.....he's my uncle!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:46 AM   #69
Gotta get dancin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errrban_FancyShawler
maybeh....lol.....he's my uncle!
LOL
Eric as in this Eric ------->
You are Kayden's cousin and so am I! I'm Phyllis' cousin.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:26 AM   #70
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
LOL
Eric as in this Eric ------->
You are Kayden's cousin and so am I! I'm Phyllis' cousin.

LMAO!!! yes that EEEEERIC!!! LMAO thas funny! but yeah im Kayden'z cuzzo! :D coooh! all findin relations on here! LOL THANK U STANFORD POWWOW! LOL jks :-p aww man i didn't get to see Kayden there tho! Eric told me she wuz gonna be there! :(
Old 05-17-2006, 02:45 AM   #71
Pow Wow Visitor

n8ivejunbug83 will become famous soon enough
aww coo...i wasnt at stanford..but kaydens my cousin..thank u powwows.com:P

Quote:
LMAO!!! yes that EEEEERIC!!! LMAO thas funny! but yeah im Kayden'z cuzzo! :D coooh! all findin relations on here! LOL THANK U STANFORD POWWOW! LOL jks :-p aww man i didn't get to see Kayden there tho! Eric told me she wuz gonna be there! :(

Last edited by n8ivejunbug83; 05-17-2006 at 02:50 AM..
n8ivejunbug83 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2006, 03:44 AM   #72
Gotta get dancin' again

Quote:

That's funny you got my joke. Too bad there wasn't one with a straw hat. lol

If you remember Phyllis dancing, then you probably remember me. Anyway, Kayden would have been coming with my aunt and all the kiddos and they just couldn't do it this year. They all were out here when my Grandma had a memorial. Hopefully next yr, though. I guess they decided maybe Thursday they weren't gonna go?
Old 05-17-2006, 03:45 AM   #73
Gotta get dancin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8ivejunbug83
aww coo...i wasnt at stanford..but kaydens my cousin..thank u powwows.com:P
Who are you?
Old 05-17-2006, 05:15 PM   #74
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
That's funny you got my joke. Too bad there wasn't one with a straw hat. lol

If you remember Phyllis dancing, then you probably remember me. Anyway, Kayden would have been coming with my aunt and all the kiddos and they just couldn't do it this year. They all were out here when my Grandma had a memorial. Hopefully next yr, though. I guess they decided maybe Thursday they weren't gonna go?
awwman...that sucks....but i guess i gotta wait until next time! :-p its all good tho...i hope u had fun at stanford tho!!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #75
Pow Wow Visitor

n8ivejunbug83 will become famous soon enough
errrban grass dancer!!!jks...naw..i'm errban fancy shawlers brother

Quote:
Who are you?
n8ivejunbug83 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2006, 12:48 PM   #76
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Stanford was JAMMIN this year!! We had a really good time....the committee did an awesome job! N.Cree kept us dancin hard, they came w/the best & jammed out! You guys should've seen the switch dance contest.....holay...Juaquin Hamilton was WORKIN IT OUT!! HAHAHHAA! that guy is too much. Everyone was rockin, Congrats to War Scout, you guys were awesome!

Wish i had the rest of the winners list.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #77
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 86,596.98
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Those Aztec dancers always draw a big crowd! Seeing them in the grand entry (even on Sunday) was awesome!
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2006, 02:25 AM   #78
Gotta get dancin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
Those Aztec dancers always draw a big crowd! Seeing them in the grand entry (even on Sunday) was awesome!

Being half Mexican I don't mind Aztez dancers at all. It lets others know being indeginous is more than being American Indian, but those who are below the border as well. They do their thing and all but I don't think they should be in Grand Entry and I don't think they should go before those with eagle feathers.

It's like they start and end their ceremony/dance rituals during the powwow break.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #79
Junior Dancer

tradishjingle is a jewel in the rough
who won the specials and any other winners?
tradishjingle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #80
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradishjingle
who won the specials and any other winners?
The Specials were pretty cool, the chicken special had to be a tough one to call!

Chicken:
Rusty Gillette

Switch Dance:
Juaquin Hamilton (he was a RIOT!..too funny)

Tiny tots special:
boys: George Gillette
girls: Ardell Scalplocks little girl

Womens North vs. South Tradish:
1st: Dawnita Goodwill
2nd: Dora Old Elk

Hand drum Contest:
Northern Cree

I cant remember what other specials they had. I think there was a grass dance special but i missed who won that.