Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk 2007 Lumbee Spring Powwow May 4-6th. 2007 Lumbee Spring Powwow May 4-6th.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #21
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwaterlum View Post
By the powers that be, we were able to move the closing of the exit up to Monday of Next week...so..... With that said EXIT 14 WILL BE THE EXIT TO TAKE TO THE POWWOW!!!! AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS..... SEE EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND...SAFE TRAVELS.....
Awesome news - soooo.... if you are coming from the DC/VA/Maryland area - when you get off Exit 14, turn left.

If you are coming from the South - turn right off the exit.

The pow-wow is literally within 1 or 2 miles on the left hand side - and their rain location worked perfect last year... great choice of location guys...

See everyone there later today...

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #22
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
WOOOHOOO!! My boss agreed to a 1/2 day so i'll be burnin' up 95 south this afternoon....hopefully i'll make it there by grand entry....if not, will i still be able to register tonight?
Old 05-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #23
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
It was great seeing everyone - please be careful going home.

I have not been able to laugh so hard in a good long while... some of the actions during hand drum contest... there were 16 singers!!! The funny names, the incredible songs... it was all good.

Thanks to all my loves who showed love this weekend. I adore all of you and look forward to seeing you on the trail.

Family - blood and pow-wow, you all know who you are... You make me smile and I know I am loved...and trust you me, the feeling is reciprocated..

A special shout out to the woman singers - you guys rocked the mike - I finally heard Sunny Rose live - she was awesome... but ol boy from Alabama won - that was fun... good special from the Whittemore family!!

Hats off to the Lumbee Tribe and Pow-wow Staff - there was alot of hard work poured into this and it showed. Great selection of head staff - and so many incredible dancers and singers. It was my first time ever hearing a drum run off in contest - TWICE...

See you all on the pow-wow trail... be safe and pow-wow hard!!

Missed you Anna Banana!!! And Jibby!!!!! Schirra - I saw you once... then I didn't see you again... where were you on Sunday?

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Last edited by Smokin' Ace; 05-09-2007 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: It is Wednesday.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #24
Arena Director

I am sure that the staff will post all the winners tomorrow, but I have to tell you...it's been a long time since I have seen such awesome singing and dancing... it really made my heart feel good to see so many dancing on Robco grounds - those good feelings and good energy was left here - I could see alot of good that came out of this weekend... I was honored to be there to see it.

Stoney Creek - being able to stand behind you last night when the Heath Hardin special was done ... I could so feel Heath there. I really miss him -- I know everyone does, but I was so proud how everyone was able to belt out their leads - you all sang so hard - blessings to everyone that was around that drum - it took a while for my voice to come... I was so overcome. But I think that you - we all represented well. Heath was proud.

His children and wife, Mom and Dad - you could tell they were moved... I think they all know by now, but if not, please do know that we are all here... no matter what - let your family here know what you need ... we love you.

I am sure I will be posting more, later... much love to all.

Oh yeah - Pete Neconie - I adopted you, bro... aye......

A. Kay Oxendine (ACE)

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 AM   #25
nobody

suthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond reputesuthernwaterbird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 394.00
i no it ma babe yessi rocked tha mic wit that song....yall like it or wut??? lol
Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #26
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Lumbee was JAMMIN this year!!! 1st things 1st, Sandon & Rob Daugherty rocked the Mic, those 2 are TOO FUNNY...they should become a traveling act!

They had a kick azz special on saturday night, Men's Fancy Dance Vs. Womens Fancy Shawl, it came down to Darrell Hill & Rose Track, Rose danced her booty off & won the crowd over, Way to go Rose!!

Congrats to all the winners....they called my numbers instead of Names so it was hard to get a full list.

It was good to see everyone, lots of good dancers from all over...the 1 man hand drum contest was off the hook, Wayne brought back that heartbreaker jam....oh excuse me "Mr. Longfellow"....hahaha!

Big ups to the committee...you guys know how to throw a great powwow!

Here's what i could remember, sorry for the rugged rundown:
Mens Fancy:
Darrell Hill
Wayne Silas Jr
Thunder
i dunno who got 4th

Womens Fancy:
Rose Track
Shababe
Julios Girlfriend
i dunno who got 4th

Mens Grass:(i dunno the order)
Keith Sharphead
Josh Richardson
Julio
That Roberts Guy

Southern Straight:
Wahkeen Hamilton
Pete Neconie
Dwayne Harris
Bostic

Womens Southern:
SunnyRose YellowMule
Noni Smith
Kim Ratt
i dunno who got 4th

womens northern:
Dora Old Elk (me...aaaye)
Stephanie Manning
Crystla Ratt
i dunno who got 4th

Mens Tradish:
Gabe Cleveland
i dunno the other places sorry

Womens Jingle:
Jackie Klein
i dunno the others either...oops!

Some one help me, please fill in the blanks...hahaha!

See you guys at Stanford....or Red Earth or Cherokee ;)
Old 05-07-2007, 01:13 PM   #27
Arena Director

Buckskin - you heading to Cherokee for Memorial Day? I am thinking of heading up the mountain for the weekend... let a sistah know.

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo
Old 05-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #28
Ladies Traditional Dncr

grneyendn is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Bucks.....So, Keith did get in Mens Grass then? I thought Ronnie Preston get in. I was a little bummed out because I thought Keith didn't make it.

Men's Northern Tradish:
Will Hedgepeth
Will Tushka
RJ Smith (I think)
(Don't know the order)

I loved all the specials!!!! Powwow was awesome!

Last edited by grneyendn; 05-07-2007 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: add a name
grneyendn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #29
conquistaDORA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyendn View Post
Bucks.....So, Keith did get in Mens Grass then? I thought Ronnie Preston get in. I was a little bummed out because I thought Keith didn't make it.

Men's Northern Tradish:
Will Hedgepeth
Will Tushka
RJ Smith (I think)
(Don't know the order)

I loved all the specials!!!! Powwow was awesome!
OOOOH GIRL, YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT....Ronnie Preston did get in there...i dunno why i was thinkin' it was Keith, sorry for the wrong info.

it was Ronnie, Julio, Josh & Roberts...i'm not exactly sure of the order tho
Old 05-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #30
Pow Wow Visitor

MeherrinNDN is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Thank you Lumbee. I had a great time!

Lumbee knows how to POW-WOW!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #31
Ladies S. Trad. Dancer

Waya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond reputeWaya's NDNGRL has a reputation beyond repute
I had a great time.. Congrats to all the winners! Dora you rocked!!! We are thinking about Cherokee too, so if you are there hopefully we will see you! Miss everyone already!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #32
Ladies Traditional Dncr

grneyendn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin pantyhose View Post
OOOOH GIRL, YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT....Ronnie Preston did get in there...i dunno why i was thinkin' it was Keith, sorry for the wrong info.

it was Ronnie, Julio, Josh & Roberts...i'm not exactly sure of the order tho
Well, I'm backed to being bummed out again..... Don't get me wrong, all the guys jammed out but still thought Keith should've been in that line up somewhere. Oh well, that's what happens sometimes. Good dancers and only 4 places. Everybody jammed out.
grneyendn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #33
Gettin Dat Chicken On...

darkwaterlum is a jewel in the rough
Thank you to everyone that came down this weekend! I am mad glad that everyone had a good time, and no one was blown away on Sunday....I hope everyone has safe travels, and be on the look out for next year, as soon as I can get a full list of results I see that they are posted....

Big ups to Buffalo Horse and Southern Sun for holding down the host jobs.... Sounding awesome.....
darkwaterlum is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #34
Minglin' N Jinglin'

MayChe has a reputation beyond repute
MayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 900.00
Savings: 1.00
Did anyone take any video or pics?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #35
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Just a quick question - did # 475 get in? Did anyone catch that?
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2007, 07:19 AM   #36
GOOD TIL THA LAST DROP

Southern Comfort has a reputation beyond repute
Southern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond repute
pshhh this was a nice pow wow i had fun i sang in tha hand drum contest...pshhh it was my first time so i was all kinds of nervous...lol

i ended up placing 2nd and then the drum i was singin with EASY RIDERS we took 1st in the drum comp...

it was kinda hard knowing who got placed but every1 was jammin out dis weekend...

***NO MATTER HOW I TRY I CANT SEEM TO GET U OUTTA MY MIND BCUZ U ARE SO FINE AND I CARE FOR U I HOPE U CARE FOR ME TO NO DOUBT ABOUT IT I DONT WANNA BE A PLAYA NO MORE***

LULULULU
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #37
Tiny Tot Dancer

SouthernDrumSinger is on a distinguished road
Credits: 187.20
Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort,

Thanks for coming over and singing with us this weekend....you guys jammed out over at Easy Riders...oh and tell your bro that is one of our fav. songs to sing ever!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:13 AM   #38
GOOD TIL THA LAST DROP

Southern Comfort has a reputation beyond repute
Southern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond reputeSouthern Comfort has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDrumSinger View Post
Southern Comfort,

Thanks for coming over and singing with us this weekend....you guys jammed out over at Easy Riders...oh and tell your bro that is one of our fav. songs to sing ever!!!!
ohh ur welcome i had fun this weekend u guys were jammin out for reals... iw as funny i heard that sang and i was like dang... i didn't know that any body out that way knew his songs...

***NO MATTER HOW I TRY I CANT SEEM TO GET U OUTTA MY MIND BCUZ U ARE SO FINE AND I CARE FOR U I HOPE U CARE FOR ME TO NO DOUBT ABOUT IT I DONT WANNA BE A PLAYA NO MORE***

LULULULU
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #39
Tiny Tot Dancer

SouthernDrumSinger is on a distinguished road
Credits: 187.20
Song...

We found it on YouTube....LOL....modern smoke signals!!!! HAHA....
Old 05-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #40
conquistaDORA!

HOLAAAY!!! Learning songs from YOUTUBE...now that's a trip!