Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk 2010 PowWows.com Princess Travels 2010 PowWows.com Princess Travels

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
2010 PowWows.com Princess Travels

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know some of things that have been going on since I've became Powwows.com Princess. I'm a full tie student at Haskell Indian Nations University, majoring in Liberal Arts & American Indian Studies. I spent most of the summer working on Language Preservation Project with the Sac and Fox Nation
ohbuh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

ohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond reputeohbuh has a reputation beyond repute
Lawrence High School Pow-Wow

The powwow was for LHS Native American Club, the powwow was put on by the students with the help of sponsors and parents. The were some really good drum groups there, but my favorite would have to Rocking Horse from Omaha, Nebraska. the Men and Womens Handdrum contest was awesome, not really sure who won the mens, but was blown a by the winner of the womens. Winyan, age 10,from Omaha Nebraska. She has very powerful voice (check out her video on youtube). I met a few new princesses and new people. I really enjoyed this powwow because I got to meet new people from this area and hope to see some of them later on. I really enjoyed dancing and representing powwows.com. I thought the powwow was a great powwow and hope to attend more powwows like this one.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

Denver March Powwow

March 19-21 I attended Denver March Powwow, it was very big and there was like over 50 ambassadors there. In every grand entry they had many different color guards that were representing there base, tribes, and school. There was all kinds of specials, they had a mens all around, a mens chicken special.and a women's old style buckskin.
Watching all the dancers and listening to all the beautiful music the singers were making, this powwow was a great one powwow to be at.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Haskell Commencement Powwow

This powwow was held in honor of the Haskell Indian Nation University Class of 2010. The head staff that was picked, Host Drum High Noon , Head Man and Head Lady changed with the sessions Friday night Julia WhiteBull and Richard Sheridian, Saturday afternoon , and Saturday evening Twila WhiteBull and Travis Brown. And on Friday evening Haskell announced their Miss Haskell and Haskell Brave , Dondra Dora and Adrian Primeaux. All in all the was a great way to send off the hard working graduates from the Class of 2010.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

Delaware Powwow

One way to spend your Memorial Day weekend, is with family and friends. Well the Delaware Powwow in Copan, OK, is a powwow that I love to attend. The annual NDN football game, the stompdance compete, and who could forget the singing contests. This year the Delaware Nation picked Robin Rulo to represent them. The old style jingle dress special, that was held by my family, was in memory of my grandma, Elgia Jackson-Gabbard. Her memorial went well, with the singing of Young BuffaloHorse and congratulations goes out to the winner of the special Shema Yearby-Lincoln. Hope everyone enjoyed this powwow, like I do every year.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

Red Earth Powwow

One main attraction that brings many Indians to Bricktown in Oklahoma City is, Red Earth Powwow. With the drum contest to the fancy dance special, Red Earth was a place to be. Just to name a few of the drum groups that came this year was, The Boys from Minnesota, Cozad from Carney, OK, Young BuffaloHorse from Shawnee, OK, and much more.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

Quapaw Powwow

Every 4th, in Quapaw, OK the Quapaw tribe holds there annual powwow. This year the powwow committee pick Miss Hanna Wensmen to represent and the invite people to there powwow. It may have rained that weekend but the Quapaw High School allowed the powwow to be held there for there Saturday night session. Then on Sunday the Quapaw Tribe crowned their princess Miss Mallori Shawnee. So congratulations to the both of these two ladies.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

Sac and Fox Nation Powwow

The second weekend in July is when the Sac and Fox nation of Oklahoma holds their annual powwow. Thursday Night is traditional night and the night they announce their princesses. This year Miss Kensey Hall is Miss Sac and Fox Nation, Miss Stephanie Fields is Jr. Miss Sac and Fox Nation, and Miss Elizabeth Nanaeto is the Little Miss Sac and Fox Nation. There was a hand drum special, drum contest, an all age Mesquakie Trick Contest, and a teen girls Buckskin Special. It was a great powwow and congratulations the Kensey, Stephanie, and Elizabeth.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Tulsa Pow-Wow

July 16-17 I went to the Tulsa Pow-Wow at Spirit Bank Event Center. The head singer was Arlene Goodfox and host Northern drums was the Red Land singers. There was special contest in women’s fancy feather, ladies five civilized tribes cloth and indian clown. Miss Hope Harjo was crowned the new Tulsa Pow-Wow Princess.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

Rocky Boy Powwow

In Montana, the weather was great for a powwow. With their Drum Contest going and their Hosts, Northern Cree and Southern Thunder, the music was beautiful. High Noon walked away with the 1st in the drum contest, Mandaree took 2nd, Bull Horn took 3rd, and Dry Lake with 4th. There was a women’s Southern and Northern Traditional contest, all category men’s special, junior girls’ jingle special, and many more special contests. Mia Lamebeau, who has chosen to represent the Rocky Boy Powwow Committee, held a teen girls all-around.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #11
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 131,537.72
Savings: 1.00
Thank you for the update!!!

And thank you for representing powwows.com!!!

I will try to make it to Morongo and ask for a song in your honor for Southern Cloth dancers and all Reigning Princesses. I'll talk to Paul G. to see if this can be arranged.

Again...thanks!!!

Jim

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #12
Pow Wow Committee

Items DollElephantDolphin
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,733.41
Savings: 2.03
Thank You very much for keepn us updated on your travels. I seen you represntn powwows.com in Rocky Boy.....keep up da good work my gurl. Good luck and safe travels
Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,434.75
Savings: 1.00
nice to meet you and thanks for the updates
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

Shakopee Powwow 2010

So many dancers and so much great music, Shakopee was a great powwow to be at. There was so many drum groups, like Sizzortail, Stoney Park, The Boyz, Thunderhill, Wild Band of Comanches, and many more. Then to keep everyone informed and entertained the MC's were Danny Seaboy and Wallace Coffey. It may have been hot, but Shakopee was the place to show off your best dance moves.

Last edited by ndnsooner; 08-27-2010 at 11:58 AM..
Old 08-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #15
Powwows.com Princess

Items Panda
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,530.89
whohooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbuh View Post
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know some of things that have been going on since I've became Powwows.com Princess. I'm a full tie student at Haskell Indian Nations University, majoring in Liberal Arts & American Indian Studies. I spent most of the summer working on Language Preservation Project with the Sac and Fox Nation
It's good to hear you've been working on your language!

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

ugidali is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #16
Pow Wow Visitor

Haskell Indian Art Martket

I stayed near school September 11 and 12.
the Haskell Interibal Cultural Club was doing performances to show enterainment during the art market, and i was asked to help out. We did a performance both days, and there was many other dancers there too. The was Miss Haskell Dandrea Dora, a few grass dancers, fancy shawl, jingle, traditional, and northern and southern clothe and buckskin. There was also a performance by Tila Salas, hoop dance.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
~Pwowfeva~

amarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond repute
I am glad you made it to some Oklahoma powwows! I am also a proud Haskell Alumni and came to the commencement powwow. There was a really good turnout and we enjoyed ourselves. Best wishes for your travels. Any upcoming powwow plans?