Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk 60th Anniversary Navajo Nation Fair Contest Powwow 60th Anniversary Navajo Nation Fair Contest Powwow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 01:51 AM   #61
is lost in reality...

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Savings: 1.00
Man, I sure wish I had gone....It's been awhile since I been powwow'in.....Too much work and future VA hospital visits to determine whether or not I am eligible to go back into the USMC....we'll see, anyway, I sure did miss out on quite I am told, my family was there on saturday and I sure wish I had seen some old friends who I have not seen in awhile....well congrats to all and hope to see you down the road....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2006, 02:21 AM   #62
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Talking I haven't posted here in FOREVER!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyaanii mom
Much, much thanks to all the awesome dancers and singers who came. I was shocked and excited and scared to see so many people.

Hey Burbs, I'm so glad you came! Thanks. Did you have fun?

I'm tired... I'm going to bed... Type at you all some time in the next few days.... I have to get back to the real world and my job tomorrow.
KAY!!! *hugs* It's always great seeing you!!! You and your committee did an awesome job!!! GREAT JOB!!! Of course I had a good time..even tho we were only there on sunday! LOL Hope to see you soon though!!! *hugs*

Wanda!!! YAY!! It was good to finally see you and your kids!! You have a great bunch of kids there! Congrats to your son placing! Aww your granddaughter is so sweet!! Hope to see you soon again!! *hugs*

And last of all...shi'zheii Dave!! It was sooooo good to see you again Dad!! Great job on the sound system..I'm glad my brother was there to help you out! I miss you and your family too!! We have to stop by and visit you sometime!

Injunboy! My Dad tried to point you out to me..but we couldn't see you!! He said he met you!

Hope to see you all soon again!
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2006, 02:22 AM   #63
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal
Man, I sure wish I had gone....It's been awhile since I been powwow'in.....Too much work and future VA hospital visits to determine whether or not I am eligible to go back into the USMC....we'll see, anyway, I sure did miss out on quite I am told, my family was there on saturday and I sure wish I had seen some old friends who I have not seen in awhile....well congrats to all and hope to see you down the road....
Hey BRO!! I hope you and my sis are all doing good!! *hugs* I miss you all!! Hope to see you soon or out at home!!! Luv ya!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #64
Teen Dancer

Buckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond reputeBuckskinrose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up

K-mom sounds like you and Clet did a fantastic job with the Navajo Nation fair!! I think you need to treat yourself to a spa day for putting in such hard work.....better yet let him treat you to a spa day!!! LOL
Old 09-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #65
Junior Dancer

Veon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond reputeVeon has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 395.28
Wow, all the love on here. Everyone's glad to see everyone else.....! It makes me feel like singing Bob Marley's "One Love"....."let's come together and feel alright....One Love..."

Thanx for posting the winners.

I agree, Adam Nordwall is a goot one. Wish I could've seen him dance.

p/s Was Oprah there?
Veon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #66
~*Southernz Elite*~

SBZ4life has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Thunder HIll B*itch

Oh man I had a blast at this powwow...kind of a vacation for me...got there early thursday..checked things out...sang Friday at 4pm (gourd dance)...then it was crazy from then...friday night ending late then having to be there early saturday morningso we dont get blocked out of Window Rock so we can make it to sing gourd dance at 10am...then ending at midnight again and then having to get out of window rock and then back to sing gourd dance at 10am sunday ..back and forth to and from gallup everyday...almost had to stop at the gentlemens club..lol...after the powwow back to oklahoma!!! got back 6am in the morning...had fun and ima have to do it next year again

" say what I feel, I say what I think, I say what you do not like, Yet for some reason what I say is somewhat correct" Chief Big Beef 1999
SBZ4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #67
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Thanks Nezbah for all your chauffer help. You are awesome!

No prob! We had a blast and it was fun. Seeing all our friends again, including the boys and Callin Eagle. Seeing all the babies grown up, jeezh time flies eh? Everyone did a good job.

The lil one wore his Navajo Nation t-shirt to school yesterday....LOL He was all proud. just cute! Remember, if you need anything, let me know!

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #68
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
i had a good time. k mom did a great jobby job and bufflao horse was sounding good. i was lookin alittle rezzy sat and sun cause we was working but hey *its okay*

the powwow princess was a great selection.. way to go!

was superndngyrl there?

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #69
Let's Dance!!

Tradish_Mom has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 170.00
K-Mom
you and your committee ROCK the whole weekend away.. congrats on a job well done! I knew from the beginning it was going to be a "GOOT one"!
thank you again for inviting my son to be head boy thursday nite youth pw... on his behalf, it was an honor.

Burbs- Yes, it was great to finally meet you.. wanted to meet your boys too. I was looking for you towards the end of the pw to give some cake.. but couldn't find cha.
Found your dad TT... hope he enjoyed the plate.
BTW- TT.. your sound system is sounding better and better at each powwow... i think the mics are really enjoying the drum beats!

Nezbah- great to see you once again.. yep, the boys are getting big!.. too fast! Kai tore it up .. keep it up kai!!!

To the rest of the Powwow.comers.. come and say hi next time..
all in all.. we really enjoyed this NN Fair PW... the best thus far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBz
KAY!!! *hugs* It's always great seeing you!!! You and your committee did an awesome job!!! GREAT JOB!!! Of course I had a good time..even tho we were only there on sunday! LOL Hope to see you soon though!!! *hugs*

Wanda!!! YAY!! It was good to finally see you and your kids!! You have a great bunch of kids there! Congrats to your son placing! Aww your granddaughter is so sweet!! Hope to see you soon again!! *hugs*

And last of all...shi'zheii Dave!! It was sooooo good to see you again Dad!! Great job on the sound system..I'm glad my brother was there to help you out! I miss you and your family too!! We have to stop by and visit you sometime!

Injunboy! My Dad tried to point you out to me..but we couldn't see you!! He said he met you!

Hope to see you all soon again!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #70
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,350.18
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Much, much thanks to all the awesome dancers and singers who came. I was shocked and excited and scared to see so many people.
K-mom, I heard a lot of good comments from people in the audience. A lot know what kind of people it takes to organize a powwow and the kind of headstaff personnel to make it run smoothly! The dancers and singers that showed up prove that you and your committee have what it takes to make the best of your limited resources and deliver a superb presentation for all the visitors, participants and spectators.

Quote:
T-Techno, you make the powwow rock! Without you NNF would never have a chance.
As you are aware, I put more than half of my fees back into the equipment I use. In essence, these are your equipment and all I'm doing is taking care of them. I mentioned to several people that I plan to take a year off in 2007 for personal reasons, but be assured that I will support you again if you and Cletis are asked to organize the powwow.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #71
Standing Rock

xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEn8ive_kita
Congratz to Warscout! Good to see them and finally get the CD!!
I guess I missed that one!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEn8ive_kita
TT: Lucky! U got the Best Buy card. I bought 1 to and didnt win anything. Geez lol jk its all good!
You know, it really pays to be a lifetime member in good standing with the Lucky Sperm Club!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #72
Standing Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal
Sorry you couldn't make it this year, bro! The boyz were doing their best Saturday and Sunday although most drum groups barely got to sing more than once a session.

There's always Red Mountain Eagle and Orme Dam Victory Days which are coming up in a few weeks.

It sounds like you are planning to re-enlist.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #73
Standing Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBZ4life
Oh man I had a blast at this powwow...kind of a vacation for me...got there early thursday..checked things out...sang Friday at 4pm (gourd dance)...then it was crazy from then...friday night ending late then having to be there early saturday morningso we dont get blocked out of Window Rock so we can make it to sing gourd dance at 10am...then ending at midnight again and then having to get out of window rock and then back to sing gourd dance at 10am sunday ..back and forth to and from gallup everyday...almost had to stop at the gentlemens club..lol...after the powwow back to oklahoma!!! got back 6am in the morning...had fun and ima have to do it next year again
This is why I camp out Friday night at the powwow grounds. You barely get to sleep a few hours before having to make it back the next morning if you stay elsewhere. There are showers available the next morning so you basically rough it for one night. Years ago, I got to stay at Days Inn which is less than two miles away west of the fair grounds, but they charge for an arm and both legs these days.

Few people realize it, but taking care of the sound system means being one of the first people onsite every morning and being the last one to leave at night. Having a good assistant and other volunteers go a long way to make it easier during the day and evening sessions.

Come down to the Phoenix metropolitan area in November for the 20th Annual Red Mountain Eagle Powwow and the 25th Anniversary Orme Dam Victory Days Celebration Powwow. The 2nd Annual Gilbert Powwow is in January followed by the 21st Annual ASU Spring Competition Powwow in April a week before GON.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #74
Dineth Hearth Throth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno
Few people realize it, but taking care of the sound system means being one of the first people onsite every morning and being the last one to leave at night. Having a good assistant and other volunteers go a long way to make it easier during the day and evening sessions.
Hi Dad!!! It was good to see you again!! Yes! You sure do have a good assistant!! Hope to see you soon again!! I have a question about something! LOL.. i'll send it to you via pm here!!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #75
Standing Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradish_Mom
Found your dad TT... hope he enjoyed the plate.

BTW- TT.. your sound system is sounding better and better at each powwow... i think the mics are really enjoying the drum beats!
I always appreciate the food and drinks that people offer to me. I got invitations to breakfast at two camps all weekend, a full mutton roast dinner Saturday evening, and a birthday cake on Sunday!

Like you say, I try to make each gig better than the last one. What makes it fun is the support and encouragement from everyone involved. This includes the committee, the MCs, the Host Drums, visiting drums, dancers, and most importantly, that one person that is in the audience who put everything aside and came to the powwow to see all the activities and hear the sounds of the drum groups that have traveled a long ways to be there. If I can satisfy that one person, then I've fulfilled my obligations and commitments to the powwow committee.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #76
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I always appreciate the food and drinks that people offer to me. I got invitations to breakfast at two camps all weekend, a full mutton roast dinner Saturday evening, and a birthday cake on Sunday!

Like you say, I try to make each gig better than the last one. What makes it fun is the support and encouragement from everyone involved. This includes the committee, the MCs, the Host Drums, visiting drums, dancers, and most importantly, that one person that is in the audience who put everything aside and came to the powwow to see all the activities and hear the sounds of the drum groups that have traveled a long ways to be there. If I can satisfy that one person, then I've fulfilled my obligations and commitments to the powwow committee.

You satisified me.............hahaha......... **smokes ciggy** ahhhhh Kidding!

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Old 09-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #77
Standing Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbah
You satisified me.............hahaha......... **smokes ciggy** ahhhhh Kidding!
Even a glonie saying "shhhh" to someone else would satisfy you, eh?
Old 09-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #78
Standing Rock

I got a shrink-wrapped CD from Walking Buffalo ... but when I opened it Monday morning, I found no CD in the jewel case! Did anyone else have any problems like this?

I tried to access the website on the inserts, but they are still under construction. So far, I have received no reply from the email I sent to the email address listed on the inserts. I still have to call the number listed, but I doubt anyone will return my calls.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #79
Peace n Mutton Grease

Quote:
I got a shrink-wrapped CD from Walking Buffalo ... but when I opened it Monday morning, I found no CD in the jewel case! Did anyone else have any problems like this?

I tried to access the website on the inserts, but they are still under construction. So far, I have received no reply from the email I sent to the email address listed on the inserts. I still have to call the number listed, but I doubt anyone will return my calls.

LMAO..........your payback for your last comment to me!!! hahaha. hmmmmmm...sounds like that Walking Buffalo 'walked off ' eh? funny............ Call Kiiyaanii mom and get their number/info!

[email protected]
Old 09-14-2006, 05:12 PM   #80
Standing Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbah
LMAO..........your payback for your last comment to me!!! hahaha. hmmmmmm...sounds like that Walking Buffalo 'walked off ' eh? funny............ Call Kiiyaanii mom and get their number/info!
You were sitting between Mountain Soul and Walking Buffalo ... so I think you had something to do with it!
Sponsored Links