Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk Alcohol and powwows Alcohol and powwows

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
powwow ma is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Alcohol and powwows

I guess my question is are there drum groups and well known dancers that walk the sober road and openly proclaim it? I've read the thread about what happened at Kinder and it made me wonder about it. Are there real role models out there who maybe have had addiction problems and are working hard to overcome it, individuals in known drum groups and dancers? Those who are working on overcoming it or maybe have ALWAYS stayed away from drugs and alcohol are the individuals we should admire. Not just the ones who can really dance well or the ones with the best outfit. Are there people out there like that?
powwow ma is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
I know a few of both.
Really smart people who think they are smart.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by powwow ma
I guess my question is are there drum groups and well known dancers that walk the sober road and openly proclaim it? I've read the thread about what happened at Kinder and it made me wonder about it. Are there real role models out there who maybe have had addiction problems and are working hard to overcome it, individuals in known drum groups and dancers? Those who are working on overcoming it or maybe have ALWAYS stayed away from drugs and alcohol are the individuals we should admire. Not just the ones who can really dance well or the ones with the best outfit. Are there people out there like that?
I know my group ain't big time by any stretch of the imagination, but it is understood, you better be clean and sober at least four days before you come to our drum, we don't want that stuff around us... a lot of us around our drum have had our own bouts with addiction and alcoholism, and none of our full time singers do any of that stuff anymore, the drum is what saved me personally when I was looking to kick my own demons, because I knew I wouldn't be able to sing that weekend if I did. As a result I've been sober for over 10 years now, and when I think about picking up that bottle again, I think what that will keep me from, being a drum keeper, I definately can't walk that road anymore, otherwise I'd have to put down my responsibilities or give them up completely, and when it comes to that drum, that would kill me... so I stay sober.

I am no one special, just sharing in the vein of the topic, take it or leave it.

Paselo!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
We'll See....

kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
kiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond reputekiyaanii mom has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, there are many, many dancers and singer out there who do not abuse drugs and alcohol. There are big timers and not big timers. And there are a lot of people who do.

Alcoholism, drug abuse and being sober knows no boundries. Rich or poor; black, brown, red, white or yellow; urban or country; tall or short; male or female.

So what is the point of your question?
kiyaanii mom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Yes there are many and I'm one of them, though not a well-known anything, I both dance and sing. Unfortunately there are a handful of known dancers/singers/drums that proclaim to be walking the red-road, who are not telling the truth. It is not for me to judge, but judgement will be made on them when they meet up with the creator. I can only do right by myself and my family and own up to my own sins.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
L.B.G. put it ever so eloquently.....

" You Booze you Lose "

Been sober well over 20 years....I'm no better then anyone else, but we need sobriety in our communities......Nuff said...
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Well, there is another 'old' thread that was brought up in the CHIT CHAT forum about alcohol/drugs and powwowing. What is interesting that all this has been brought up again within the the last month. What is good about it, is people are becoming more 'aware' of it, and its a concern we should all have. However, when it really comes down to it, most of its is ignored or people with turn their head than actually do something about it.

Now having my own bout with my own drug addicton some 20 years back and 'partying', I have been trained as a peer drug/alcohol counselor for many years. I can say I have been happily drug free for 20 years come this January. But having been in those shoes and knowing how I reacted when my family was 'bouting' with me when I was that young and naive, I do understand how some people feel.

But I can say the one main thing that got me out of the 'party' mood was having alot of peer pressure. Having good solid sober people consistantly around me that it came to a point that I wanted to know how it felt to be sober again. Why did I get high? Well the negative peer pressure, the pressure to impress and think that I was a better person while I was drunk or high. When in reality, I was not. The fact that I could escape reality and everything that was negative around me, drugs became my outlet. Some people is drinking, abuse, drugs, food, chocolate/sweets, or whatever they may think will help them avoid whatever is going on in their lives.

We cannot keep pointing fingers and accusing people for this and that, its more about understanding and helping those people in a positive way. Making ourselves those positive peers that they see us in a good way to the point that they want what we have. Helping those in need to know there are people who will be there for them in times of need (not manipulating or enabling them) but being there for them when they need ya the most. We also have to teach those how to have fun without the need for these things and how to deal with life instead of looking for ways to escape.

The one thing I tell my young son that, is that I want him to have respect. I tell him if he drinks, drugs, parties, gets girls preggars before he is married, quits trying, or even quits his job, he'll lose that respect that everyone has for him. I tell him I love him and always will. I tell him there are always younger/older people out there who will look up to him and respect him as long as he respects himself.

I have even addressed the issued of drinking/drugging in the powwow setting. I told him what my elders have taught me, that he should never ever be drinking/druggin or behaving in a way that would be disrespectful to the circle. I told him he would be disrespecting the ones who have passed on before us, the ones who have fought for us, and the ones who you dance for. Now he understands and I hope he will respect until I pass on and beyond that.

Just be the example and the good friend that you may be. People will notice, believe me on that, because being that positive force in someone's life may be the one thing that will save their own life........

I have said.......my peace.....

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
npathstvl@gmail.com
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
Senior Dancer

debbieyd is a name known to all
Red face Northwest Medicine Horse

A A/D FREE DRUM GROUP- IN SOME OF THEIR PASTS THEY HIT THE BOTTOM & PICKED THEMSELVES UP HOLDING A DRUM STICK AND NOT ONE FROM KFC!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:37 PM   #9
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Years ago when I was young and STUPID, I smoked pot and drank myself past silly. I would drink myself sober. That was during the old rock&roll days when we played 6 shows a week and saw the white line on the highway magnifed from the bottom of a tequila bottle.

30 years later I can finally say I beat the odds. Been clean and sober for almost 28. I don't miss the drugs or boose but I do have regrets about missing some of the best times of my life back then because I was drunk and on pot. Friends tell me what a great time I had but guess what! I don't remember them.

I know of one drum in the area that I suspect the members get stoned during powwows.

On the powwow trail, you gotta be clean and sober or it a worthless journey.

Now as for my sound company. I require all my employees to be clean and sober 100%. They are subjected to drug testing at any time. If they fail the testing, THERE GONE!!!! NO SECOND CHANCES!!!!!! If they have a problem, all they have to do is let me know before I schedule the testing and I will help them. I'll find a rehab program for them. That is their only chance to stay with the company.

If my guys are on any type of meds from the doc, I want to know what they are taking because some meds affect our senses and could cause them to fail a drug test. I also want to know the same day they get those meds from the doc.

I see a lot of stuff around the drum arbor being a sound guy. Some good, Some questionable.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Last edited by TKMJ Productions; 10-31-2006 at 07:45 PM..
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2006, 07:41 PM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 450.31
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezbah
Well, there is another 'old' thread that was brought up in the CHIT CHAT forum about alcohol/drugs and powwowing. What is interesting that all this has been brought up again within the the last month. What is good about it, is people are becoming more 'aware' of it, and its a concern we should all have. However, when it really comes down to it, most of its is ignored or people with turn their head than actually do something about it.

Now having my own bout with my own drug addicton some 20 years back and 'partying', I have been trained as a peer drug/alcohol counselor for many years. I can say I have been happily drug free for 20 years come this January. But having been in those shoes and knowing how I reacted when my family was 'bouting' with me when I was that young and naive, I do understand how some people feel.

But I can say the one main thing that got me out of the 'party' mood was having alot of peer pressure. Having good solid sober people consistantly around me that it came to a point that I wanted to know how it felt to be sober again. Why did I get high? Well the negative peer pressure, the pressure to impress and think that I was a better person while I was drunk or high. When in reality, I was not. The fact that I could escape reality and everything that was negative around me, drugs became my outlet. Some people is drinking, abuse, drugs, food, chocolate/sweets, or whatever they may think will help them avoid whatever is going on in their lives.

We cannot keep pointing fingers and accusing people for this and that, its more about understanding and helping those people in a positive way. Making ourselves those positive peers that they see us in a good way to the point that they want what we have. Helping those in need to know there are people who will be there for them in times of need (not manipulating or enabling them) but being there for them when they need ya the most. We also have to teach those how to have fun without the need for these things and how to deal with life instead of looking for ways to escape.

The one thing I tell my young son that, is that I want him to have respect. I tell him if he drinks, drugs, parties, gets girls preggars before he is married, quits trying, or even quits his job, he'll lose that respect that everyone has for him. I tell him I love him and always will. I tell him there are always younger/older people out there who will look up to him and respect him as long as he respects himself.

I have even addressed the issued of drinking/drugging in the powwow setting. I told him what my elders have taught me, that he should never ever be drinking/druggin or behaving in a way that would be disrespectful to the circle. I told him he would be disrespecting the ones who have passed on before us, the ones who have fought for us, and the ones who you dance for. Now he understands and I hope he will respect until I pass on and beyond that.

Just be the example and the good friend that you may be. People will notice, believe me on that, because being that positive force in someone's life may be the one thing that will save their own life........

Yeah......what Nezbah said!
Old 11-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #11
Junior Dancer

NanGrand is a jewel in the rough
Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are very well traveled dancers and singers that do not now or never have drank or used drugs.

Sometimes, I get frustrated because it seems as if the "drunk crowd" gets together and gets each other in there as head staff and winners so the party can continue.

I personally don't think that we, the socially and politically concience (read some of our history) should VOTE for or suppport these individuals.

There are plenty of excellent dancers that are just trying to support $ their family and maintain our culture and traditions in a good way.
NanGrand is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

Thunder Nation is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by powwow ma
yes powwow ma... there are people out there who are on successful/known Drums that do not use alcohol or drugs. My wife and myself are some of those people. We have been singing on a Drum for more than 8 years, almost 5 of them on Thunder Nation and we do not drink. I drank a little, socially prior to being on a Drum, but when I started singing, I respected that Drum so much that I just stopped drinking all together. Our group is adiment about alcohol being around the Drum. Its a solid NO.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #13
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Nation
yes powwow ma... there are people out there who are on successful/known Drums that do not use alcohol or drugs. My wife and myself are some of those people. We have been singing on a Drum for more than 8 years, almost 5 of them on Thunder Nation and we do not drink. I drank a little, socially prior to being on a Drum, but when I started singing, I respected that Drum so much that I just stopped drinking all together. Our group is adiment about alcohol being around the Drum. Its a solid NO.
Thats right thinking, Thundernation, I wish all people were that strong and obligated to their culture.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #14
>>+<<YESENIA HILL>>+<<

southernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond repute
southernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond reputesouthernx_hunnie08 has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 0.05
Quote:

right!!!!
Violets der really blue
Southern Xtreme ur much sweeter than mutton stew

You asked me whose life was more important- yours or mine and I answered "mine" ; you walked away angry not knowing that you are my life

I MY STONEY CREEK BOYZ
southernx_hunnie08 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #15
As you can see...

ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40.00
Quote:

Yeppers! Well Nez from tha Rez....I don't condone drinkin at powwows, though guilty....once upon a time...but, I am forced to endorse Coors for they are my sponsor to my PowWows.com Membership.....sorry.....

...that's so true....so, so true...
ntownn8ive is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #16
Tiny Tot Dancer

osage49er is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

this is a good topic, i proudly proclaim my sobriety and i am an accomplished dancer in the powwow circle, i also have accomplished many goals in my life without drugs or alcohol, i empower and encourage those dancers who live an alcohol and drug free way of life to continue including the singers, after all they are the ones that call on that powwow spirit to come and dance and to be privileged to sit with and sing with the singing grandfathers.
i see dancers/singers that have been out partying the night before and yet "place" i to have felt that it was unfair to those of us who refrain from that behavior, try hard and be shut out in the end? powwows sure are becoming different and i have been in this cirlce a long time? I was told and learned in ceremonies that when u bring alcohol/drugs to such and event ur inviting the bad so it poisons the good?
there i have spoken...
osage49er is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #17
As you can see...

ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
ntownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond reputentownn8ive has a reputation beyond repute
A sober 49er!!!

Kewl!!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #18
Tiny Tot Dancer

osage49er is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntownn8ive
A sober 49er!!!

Kewl!!
HOKA!
osage49er is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #19
As you can see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by osage49er
HOKA!
Kewl!! Yep, I'm officially an ex-49er, not from San Francisco, but as far as partyin around after powwows, during powwows..aye, but it just led to more bad things...ya know.

Got kidz now and I'll be d@mned if I let them see how I used to be at powwows. Now the powwowin is about them learning to have fun dancin and what not. So, congrats to all powwow parents keepin it sober even though we all used to party around with each other!!

I'll drink to that!!!

...that's so true....so, so true...
Old 11-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #20
Senior Dancer

Items Present
thizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond repute
thizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond reputethizgirlpowwows has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,499.29
When i was younger, i made that personal choice to be drug and alcohol free since i grew up in a dysfunctional and alcoholic environment. I wanted to be a good role model for my children and have them embrace their culture in a positive way, to be proud of their identity.

My dad and mom were part of a drum group that has been around since the late 70's and he use to tell me some WAR stories of their party days. My parents have been sober for 25 years and have a lot of regrets from their past, but im proud that they made the choice to sober up and be parents to us as well as grandparents to our children.

Like someone mentioned before, you have to surround yourself with other singers and dancers who are sober and i have a lot of respect for those powwow peeps who chose to stay sober. I dont judge others who chose to drink alcohol and do drugs, thats the choice they made.
thizgirlpowwows is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links